IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Dan4809 (Offline)
  #1 3/3/13 3:45 PM
I need some help here. I bought a one inch offset rear end. The one I did have was a 3 inch offset. My firewall, motor plate has the honda sitting approximatley 2 inches to the left, not centered. When I try and install the rear end the jacobs ladder is past the birdcage and the left rear is too far out. Should I install a new firewall with the motor centered. The rear end is an older one with a key way that the hubs slide onto, so it appears that I cannot slide the birdcage out any farther, unless I cut the key way down to allow the birdcage to slide out. Any assistance is appreciated. Can't afford a new rear end right now. Thanks Dan.
TQ29m (Offline)
  #2 3/3/13 9:16 PM
Dan, sounds like you may have an Acro rearend, with a steel axle. There are a couple of ways to be able to use it, without a lot of expense, you can move, make a new motorplate, with the engine in the center, or take your axle to Acro in Greensburg, and have them either put in a new axle, or remachine the one you have, to make it a 3 off. Your best bet, if you can come up with the money, would be to update it to their aluminum splined axle, then you would be good to go for a good while, and be able to move the rear wheels in and out for adjustment, it might cost you a bit, but you'd lose the steel axle weight, and maybe not have to work much on the rear till your ship comes in. Good luck, you can google them for their ph #. Bob!

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
LEADERS EDGE (Offline)
  #3 3/7/13 11:01 PM
The cheapest way I know to fix it using the 1"off set up you have is to put in a different Motorplate.