IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Live heat races from Daytona
2/19/13, 8:04 AM   #21
Re: Live heat races from Daytona
Colin Casserley

Kyle should come and race over here in England, that was typical of how we race here and it's an accepted part of the sport!

I saw a his heat race before going to bed ( Feature was due to start at midnight our time) and thought he was the class of the field in that. Like I said I did not see the feature but would imagine it was hard to pass on that track without a little contact. And I always like a driver who goes for the win rather than settling for second or third place.

I can appreciate it's not the type of move that is accepted in racing in the USA, but they should have given them a better track to race on if they didn't want that type of incident, or maybe they did so that folks would talk about it!

2 members like this post: apexonephoto, dirt330
2/19/13, 9:08 AM   #22
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

i always thought Kyle looked like the next Jeff Gordon, coming from the west to Indiana to hone his skills, then move on to bigger and better, but after that race maybe Kyle is the next Dale Earnhardt. 2 more races tonight & all i wanna say is THANX to Speed network for putting this on, bob.

6 members like this post: #1Brad Kuhn Fan, dirt330, Eldora Three, mowerman, racegal, turn4
2/19/13, 9:40 AM   #23
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

His twitter says it all. He feels bad. But its short track racing. Any other short track racer would have done the same.

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: dirt330, Fred Zirzow
2/19/13, 11:09 AM   #24
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

I'm on the fence on this one. I really like the Kid, but that was not a cool move. There are ways to move a guy on a track like that without hooking them on the straightway. He starts racing like that, he's going to have to accept it when it come back to him in the same.

7 members like this post: Eldora Three, erich45, interpreter66, Jonr, luckybuc97, Shawn, team3521
2/19/13, 12:43 PM   #25
K-Dawg30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldora Three View Post
I want to see him try that tomorrow in the Modifieds.
You act like Kyle has never ran without fenders before

2/19/13, 5:54 PM   #26
c47

in the pancake cars and dirt mods they almost accept the 3 bump rule....1) hey, im here 2) hey im here and i warned you once already 3) sorry about yer luck...cya!
generally it has to get nasty to turn someone for the win but it does get frustrating to keep sticking your nose in and getting run down the track.....kyle went for it in a class that is known for roughing the other guy up. whats gonna happen when he gets in the trucks and they try to drive over him? should he just be a gentleman and take it or show some balls and let them know he isnt going to be pushed around?

1 member likes this post: dirt330
2/19/13, 6:35 PM   #27
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

Heat races are on here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...v=F-_MTipfZfQ#

As smart as I like to think I am, for the life of me I can't get a YouTube embedded video on this forum!

*Modified heats are over, Larson won his. K&N cars are up next.
Last edited by apexonephoto; 2/19/13 at 6:42 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Live heat races from Daytona