IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > meeting
2/13/13, 4:36 PM   #101
Re: meeting
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradleyracing86 View Post
Scotty is down to 150 and needs a ride in ocala !

Posted via Mobile Device
My right leg weighs more than that!!

Which brings me back to another pet peeve!! Why should someone have to stick their damned finger down their throat in order to be light enough to race a damned little race car, that's for horse racing! It really peeves me off watching cars going back and forth to the scale trying to add that last ounce to make race weight.

I got a better idea. Lets only allow weighing until after the main event if you are too light "NEXT"!!!!! I see where one guy sold out and I bet a lot of that was because of weight problems.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 2/13/13 at 4:56 PM.

1 member likes this post: Wayne Davis
2/13/13, 5:50 PM   #102
cwhipple
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones752 View Post
That's a pretty big typo given all the discussion that had gone on before the 2013 rules were posted on the AMSA site; my hope is that's not the case and that Dad's educated guess is right. Love to give Logansport a shot.
Amsa BYLAWS

A.M.S.A. Lightning Sprints (hereinto referred to as A.M.S.A.) is a Limited Liability Corporation created solely for the purpose of promoting a 1000 cc class of Mini Sprints in the Midwest. Whereas all owners and members will strive to uphold to it’s highest level the respectability and standards of excellence for the Association. Whereas all members will strive to follow all rules and regulations set forth by the Administrators.

Taken from page one of PDF rules.

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by cwhipple; 2/13/13 at 5:53 PM.

2/13/13, 6:03 PM   #103
D.L. 122

I dont see the problem with engler injection and all of that? Big money teams dont keep me from racing. I just enjoy racing even if im broke and can barely afford to drive their and get in. Lets quit the bickering and GO RACING BOYS!!!!

2 members like this post: buckshot3448, DAD
2/13/13, 6:40 PM   #104
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwhipple View Post
Amsa BYLAWS

A.M.S.A. Lightning Sprints (hereinto referred to as A.M.S.A.) is a Limited Liability Corporation created solely for the purpose of promoting a 1000 cc class of Mini Sprints in the Midwest. Whereas all owners and members will strive to uphold to it’s highest level the respectability and standards of excellence for the Association. Whereas all members will strive to follow all rules and regulations set forth by the Administrators.

Taken from page one of PDF rules.

Posted via Mobile Device
"Motor
The motor must be a 4-cycle motorcycle engine with 1205cc maximum"

Taken from page two; there's still a disparity that needs to be corrected one way or the other. Until Mr. Tague, who is apparently the sole spokesman for the AMSA (according to the rulebook), weighs in, it's still unclear.

1 member likes this post: pjohnson
2/13/13, 6:46 PM   #105
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones752 View Post
"Motor
The motor must be a 4-cycle motorcycle engine with 1205cc maximum"

Taken from page two; there's still a disparity that needs to be corrected one way or the other. Until Mr. Tague, who is apparently the sole spokesman for the AMSA (according to the rulebook), weighs in, it's still unclear.
That "NO V TYPE Motors" was made for me. That's what I got for talking about Aprilia Motorcycles.

Honest Dad himself

2/13/13, 6:47 PM   #106
scott bradley1x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
My right leg weighs more than that!!

Which brings me back to another pet peeve!! Why should someone have to stick their damned finger down their throat in order to be light enough to race a damned little race car, that's for horse racing! It really peeves me off watching cars going back and forth to the scale trying to add that last ounce to make race weight.

I got a better idea. Lets only allow weighing until after the main event if you are too light "NEXT"!!!!! I see where one guy sold out and I bet a lot of that was because of weight problems.

Honest Dad himself
I at 180 lbs. Thanks

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: DAD
2/13/13, 6:53 PM   #107
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott bradley1x View Post
I at 180 lbs. Thanks

Posted via Mobile Device
The average weight of the American male is 195 lbs. the mode is somewhat higher. Good thing they don't charge pilots by the pound, that would be expensive air freight.

Honest Dad himself

2/13/13, 7:00 PM   #108
suzuki756

Never thought i would see mechanical injection banned because they think its better than EFI if anything should be the other way you can do much more with efi stuff than most know its just knowing how to do it and anyone with a laptop that knows anything can make changes in seconds to not just fuel system . Mechanical all you have really is bypasses for fuel.i think its the wrong way they are going.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Bradleyracing86
2/13/13, 7:02 PM   #109
pjohnson

i hope after surgery i can get below 200lbs. I have even stopped eating reeces and thats just wrong. Making a 1000lbs with me and my car wont be hard

2/13/13, 7:05 PM   #110
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki756 View Post
Never thought i would see mechanical injection banned because they think its better than EFI if anything should be the other way you can do much more with efi stuff than most know its just knowing how to do it and anyone with a laptop that knows anything can make changes in seconds to not just fuel system . Mechanical all you have really is bypasses for fuel.i think its the wrong way they are going.

Posted via Mobile Device
THAT IS JUST HOW RACERS THINK???????

Honest Dad himself

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > meeting