IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > An Open Letter From Paul Hazen
1/21/13, 10:57 PM   #31
ChadSmith

Chad will be running Paul's car at Gas City and Kokomo, and his personal car on Saturdays at Putnamville. He will run his personal car at "The Burg" when Pville isn't running. He will also run his personal car at Bloomington and North Vernon (Sunday shows) when GC and Kokomo are "off". This is not saying he will be running his own car every weekend.

Chad Smith

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: CRA91, interpreter66, robert gatten
1/21/13, 11:44 PM   #32
Re: An Open Letter From Paul Hazen
pwaltonuscs

Hey Paul great to see your still out there doin' it...Pete Walton USCS President

1 member likes this post: speed bump
1/22/13, 9:30 AM   #33
robert gatten

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecil98 View Post
Chad runs good at the Burg.....you might make some money down there
Chads actually won more races at LP than at burg in the last two years.
Last edited by robert gatten; 1/22/13 at 9:35 AM.

1/22/13, 11:27 AM   #34
Butch47265

I drove Paul Hazens 57 car in relief at Lil 500, we finished 2nd I was pretty Proud to be asked to drive for a person that has the knowledge that he has. These kids do not no what RACING is all about, alot of the younger genaration has talent they just DO NOT no how to use it,put John or Dave in it they will see what talent is.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, CRA91, speed bump
1/22/13, 12:04 PM   #35
Gene Franckowiak

As I stated earlier, living in Pennsylvania and being a huge fan of non-wing racing I heard about Paul Hazen a few yeas ago. The sport does need more owners like Paul which is why the people on these boards should make a concentrated effort to compliment the car owners and sponsors and not talk them down. Why would anyone want to spend the money and do the work only to read the negativity of the fans ???? I know I wouldn't. I would like to wish Paul Hazen and his team a safe and successful 2013 and if I'm ever in Indiana to watch my team run, it would be an honor to meet and talk to Paul.

1/22/13, 1:42 PM   #36
fuzzyracing

I stumbled across this "Hoseheads" interview last night, I had read it a couple years ago. Figured that I would bring it up for those who missed it!

http://www.hoseheads.com/ko5.html

4 members like this post: apexonephoto, bigq11, old coot, speed bump
1/24/13, 5:50 PM   #37
awon24

For those of you who don't have Facebook (including myself - my wife had to help me out!!), here is the official announcement from Chad's facebook page. Thanks to Chad's grandfather for directing me to the release.

We are please to announce that Chad will be driving for the Legendary Paul Hazen #57 for the 2013 season. Plans are to run at Gas City, Putnumville, and Kokomo. With a combined effort of Paul's car and Chad's #98 they are going to take a shot at winning all three track championships. "It's going to be a very busy summer but a fun one." Said Chad. "At the end of it we will hopefully smile and say we did it, or laugh and say we tried. Either way I look forward to getting to work with Paul."

On the weekends that Putnumville is off Chad and the team plan to make a run down to Lawrenceburg Speedway either in the 98 or 57. Also planning to hit other tracks on nights that Gas City and Kokomo do not race. See you all very soon.

6 members like this post: CRA91, Danny Burton, KRJoyce1, racing2bwithu2, SPRINTCAR, wvwildthg
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > An Open Letter From Paul Hazen