IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chilli Bowl Beefs
1/15/13, 5:12 PM   #61
STIDA.com

Race Count This Year: 9

For the last three years they tore the track completely up and re worked it perfectly from top to bottom. Everyone complained it was too fast and one groove. So this year they tried something different, obviously that didn't work, did anyone have an influence on how track prep was too be done? Maybe but who knows. All I do know, is that I witnessed the best 10 laps of a midget racing between Kyle, Sammy and Kevin that I have seen in the past 6 years. Just wish it would've lasted 35 laps longer.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: sw1911
1/15/13, 5:43 PM   #62
4wheelsinthekoosh

The ONLY people that say someone is cheating are cheating themselves. Its okay to be a sore loser. Its the only thing that makes people stronger and work harder. I have lost a lot of races but that has never stopped me from working my a$$ off to get better at setup and driving style. People need to quit pointing there fingers and crying "ehhhhh there to fast we cant beat them waaaaaaaa". Suck it up try harder. This is the number one problem with people now a days. The "if I cant win I dont want to play" and the "well freddy you didnt win but you tried really hard so you get a trophy too". Life is unfair and sometimes so is racing. But instead of complaining shake there hand tell them they better be ready for next year cause your gunning for them. The chili bowl is the one great midget race left as soon as you start dumbing it down with rules after rules you will have only 40 cars show up and everyone will be talking about what its like now.

Posted via Mobile Device

1/15/13, 5:53 PM   #63
Bill Gardner
Administrator

"Suck it up and try harder"

Words to live by!!!

Posted via Mobile Device

1/15/13, 6:11 PM   #64
Re: Chilli Bowl Beefs
BrentTFunk

As bad a time as some people had, it still sounds like it was better than my week at work.

1/15/13, 6:19 PM   #65
Roy Bleckert

Yep, The everyone is cheating, trying to make a fairness doctrine outta everything in racing has gotta stop

Free up the rules across open wheel racing & Let's Get it On !

1 member likes this post: Pine
1/15/13, 7:32 PM   #66
BrianD

Constructively the only major thing I would like to see is maybe have the PA feed play in the pits. Maybe not for the entire week, but what about just the As and the final races on Saturday? It would be easy to do given where the pit sound board is. I would even offer to help with the set up. Just thinking of ways that would make it more fun. With seats being hard to come by this would nice for those who watch it on the screens.

Posted via Mobile Device

1/15/13, 7:49 PM   #67
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

1/15/13, 8:14 PM   #68
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
As bad a time as some people had, it still sounds like it was better than my week at work.
DB what are you doing liking this post, you dont work anymore.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

1 member likes this post: Danny Burton
1/15/13, 9:06 PM   #69
Flatrightrear

The old country and western song "Oh, It's Cryin' Time Again" would fit so many responses on this thread. I wonder how many people cryin' here loved it when Stevie was kickin' A and winning 25-30 times a year with the Outlaws. I venture to say a whole bunch.

1/15/13, 9:28 PM   #70
Butch47265

Load up & go home if you cannot take the pressure,OR sit up in the seat a little harder & RACE OK

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Russ
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chilli Bowl Beefs