IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chili Bowl ROC?
1/8/13, 3:26 PM   #1
Chili Bowl ROC?
racefan20

Looked at the lineup for the Race of Champions tonight and noticed that Clauson and Hagen are not in it. Between them they have won the last 3 USAC national midget championships and the last 3 overall USAC championships. If that is not enough to be invited then what is? Before you say it is about Chili Bowl wins then how did Larson, Whitt, Loyet, Boat, Sweet, Leffler and Coons get in.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

1/8/13, 3:54 PM   #2
Re: Chili Bowl ROC?
on_the_edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Looked at the lineup for the Race of Champions tonight and noticed that Clauson and Hagen are not in it. Between them they have won the last 3 USAC national midget championships and the last 3 overall USAC championships. If that is not enough to be invited then what is? Before you say it is about Chili Bowl wins then how did Larson, Whitt, Loyet, Boat, Sweet, Leffler and Coons get in.
I seen someone, maybe Spridge, talking about it. It has not only to do with the driver winning, but also if the car owner has won at the chili bowl.So if the owner one of those guys is driving for has won they get put in. I do agree these guys should be in, but I guess no one asked any of our opinions lol.

1/8/13, 4:57 PM   #3
midgetmaniac

I am not a big fan of this race as I question why some drivers are asked to race in this race and some true midget champions are not invited. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

3 members like this post: billw, jim goerge, mowerman
1/8/13, 5:27 PM   #4
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_the_edge View Post
I seen someone, maybe Spridge, talking about it. It has not only to do with the driver winning, but also if the car owner has won at the chili bowl.So if the owner one of those guys is driving for has won they get put in. I do agree these guys should be in, but I guess no one asked any of our opinions lol.
Loyet - Loyet
Coons - Dooling
Sweet - Zarounian
larson - Kunz
Boat - John lawson
Leffler - 56inc(3 Wide Life) Gardner though won in a midget that had been sitting in Lefflers garage
Whitt - Wilke Pak

I dont have a list of winning owners but I can flat out guarantee that not all of those owners fielded a winning Chili Bowl entry and none of those drivers have won, so I would still like to know how the entries are picked.

Ok so maybe I wont guarantee but a couple of them are a bit of a stretch
McCreadie won for Loyet
Beechler won for Zarounian
Stewart and Drake won for K Kunz
Billy Boat won for lawson
Hines won for Wilkie
Gardner won in the car found in Lefflers garage
Swindell won for Rusty Kunz who is crew chief for Doolings car

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
Last edited by racefan20; 1/8/13 at 5:50 PM.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, mowerman
1/8/13, 6:05 PM   #5
RadRacer

McCredie won for Steve Smith!

Posted via Mobile Device

1/8/13, 6:29 PM   #6
Rogue-9

We get this same thread every year, lol. You have to be a former chili bowl winner or driving for an owner that has won the chili bowl, or in Leffler's case, be an owner who has won. Basically driver's who have won qualify as well as car owners who have won get a car qualified.

1/8/13, 6:46 PM   #7
midgetmaniac

Its pretty simple to me , they ought to tweek the race to being the top ten in nmdy @ or midget div champions from the previous year. I don't want to watch showboaters who don't support the midgets THROUGHOUT the year.

1 member likes this post: Let'sGoRacin'
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chili Bowl ROC?