IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Help with an old picture
11/27/12, 4:00 PM   #1
Help with an old picture
chop

Does anyone know anything about the red car in this picture? Any help would be great.
Attached Images
old picture 001.jpg (433.0 KB, 333 views)

1 member likes this post: mudracer98
11/27/12, 5:21 PM   #2
Re: Help with an old picture
trecraft

Race Count This Year: 5
Race Count Last Year: 14

It's a CAE chassis. There were about 500 made.

11/27/12, 5:37 PM   #3
Speedwrench

The picture looks like it was shot at Anderson probably sometime pre-1969.

Memory is failing me at the moment but I think the guy knealing in front of the car was also the owner and his last name was McIntyre. I believe he was from the Anderson/Alexandria area. No idea who the driver is.

Dick Etchison sold DECO wheels to Jack and Lloyd Shores and a business partner of theirs in late 68 or early69 and it became S&W Steel wheels.

11/28/12, 7:47 AM   #4
snoopy

I believe that it became the DECO tru weigh car, when they built lift scale. I think that Rocky Fisher used to run the car at Lima and other places. He might be of some help.

11/28/12, 4:02 PM   #5
chop

Hey Speedwrench and Snoopy thanks

I found this picture in some of the stuff my dad left me. I think the driver was my dad. Bruce Lovett, he would have been from Michigan. He race some in the 60's. Later on in life I can remember him running into "old timers" and being called "flip"

Do you think the car is an old non cage car with it added? Was it a new car and that was how they made caged cars at that time? Also think it was a USAC race-ASA race-outlaw?

If you look at the left of the picture, there is a front of a car that looks more super mod-roadster looking.

Around that time would the engine been a 305--327 small block?

12/4/12, 5:20 PM   #6
Circletrack40

The 44 car was owned by George McIntyre from Anderson Ind. and later Daleville Ind. That is George in front of the car. If I remember correctly it was a true CAE car bought in late 1962 or early 1963, I do not remember if it came with the cage or Goerge and Dick added it.
I do not think the photo is at Anderson because of the inside rail, not sure where it might be. Dick Etchison and George were good friends and both worked at keeping the car up. It was always well prepared and never failed the times I ran it a couple years at Anderson with ASA. Rockey Fisher also drove it when running dirt shows. Later on George's son Chuck drove it. Chuck still lives at his dads place in Daleville.
I know others drove it at different places.

DW--CT40.

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Help with an old picture