IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
nonwingnit (Offline)
  #31 11/6/12 2:28 PM
Originally Posted by Russ:
He just sounds like a proud Grandpa to me. Can't blame him for being a little biased toward his grandson.
Then maybe he should find a better way to show his pride besides bashing the series they run with and insinuating his grandson is more deserving meaning the others are not. Sounds more like sour grapes than pride in a job well done. I wouldn't want my family expressing their pride for me by saying my competitors achievements were less than deserving and tearing down the place that signs my check without just cause.

Posted via Mobile Device
3 Likes: Chase32, gentry26x, Stocko23
Bushwacker (Offline)
  #32 11/6/12 2:47 PM
Originally Posted by nonwingnit:
Then maybe he should find a better way to show his pride besides bashing the series they run with and insinuating his grandson is more deserving meaning the others are not. Sounds more like sour grapes than pride in a job well done. I wouldn't want my family expressing their pride for me by saying my competitors achievements were less than deserving and tearing down the place that signs my check without just cause.

Posted via Mobile Device
I'm pretty sure Chase doesn't want that, but what are you to do?
SamSr32 (Offline)
  #33 11/6/12 3:01 PM
The statement on here is like ********, things are twisted and not the things that were intended. I meant no bashing to any driver or felt Chase deserved more. I just was confused on the way points were awarded on the final night and explained what I thought. After Coondog cleared it up I was OK with it and that was that. I have no conection with the race operation, you can see why, for I am very opioninated. Some of my comments about USAC go way back to 1961 and through my career as a racer, for many times I came up on the short end of their decision and felt unfairly treated. This is why I am on the defense of their decisions. I still think there is room for improvement! Yes, I am very proud of my grandsons racing and accomplishments. People and fans have no idea how hard they struggled and on almost no budget. They did have a few individuals that gave them great support, you know who you are and Thank You!
Sandy Lowe (Offline)
  #34 11/6/12 3:32 PM
The tie-breaker rule as stated in USAC's rulebook is very clear on what happens if there is a tie in the final point standings. It is not a judgement rule, nor is it a conspiracy for or against a driver, as it seems some who have posted on this thread claim.

Whomever earns the points first is awarded the tie-breaker.

When the feature ended Friday night Stockon had amassed a total of 1,687 points over the course of the season. Ballou was 3 points behind with a total of 1,684 points.

Those point totals remained the same until the feature ended Saturday night. When Ballou completed the feature his point total increased to 1,723 with his 8th place finish. A short amount of time later Stockon completed the feature in 9th place increasing his point total to 1,723 also.

Ballou earned his 1,723 points first so he wins the tie-breaker.
3 Likes: cmakin, fish, Pine
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #35 11/6/12 5:06 PM
Sandy, I thought I saw another post out of the USAC rulebook that used number of wins, etc. To break ties?

Posted via Mobile Device
Sandy Lowe (Offline)
  #36 11/6/12 5:14 PM
JT,

Go back & look at Tim Clauson's post where he posted the entire rule from USAC's website.

First place uses a tie-breaker as you said, 2nd thru 9th is like I described (which pertains to Robert & Chase), and they do not break ties for anything lower than 10th.
2 Likes: fish, racefan20
bigmojo5
  #37 11/6/12 5:23 PM
And, I've always wondered why break the tie at all? Take eighth and ninth place money, combine it and split it evenly when the points money is awarded.
4 Likes: Mud Packer, Pine, racefan20, tim brown
kcarm92 (Offline)
  #38 11/6/12 6:11 PM
ding ding we have a winner thats what i thought all along bigmojo but that would make to much sense
2 Likes: mowerman, Mud Packer
BeerCloud (Offline)
  #39 11/7/12 5:44 AM
Why in the heck wouldn't you use the same tie breakers for "all" positions? It can't be that much work to figure all the positions. Thats a rule that needs to be changed for sure.

And settling for a tie? Splitting the money?
You guys can't be serious. Right?
So at the banquet they both should put there arms around each other and walk up to the podium together when they announce the 6th place winner? oh ya then do it again when they call out the 7th place spot?

Come on, settle the ties and move on to 2013.
Then change that stupid rule....(wins matter, not who gets to 6th place first)
2 Likes: 1st, fish