IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
AustinSprinter (Offline)
  #1 10/29/12 4:25 PM
Anybody now thinkin' that a hot(Shaver)360 can't compete against a 410 under the rite Track situations/conditions??...as was the case this last Sat. nite @ CanyonSpeedwayPark.Com for the 2nd nite Finale of "Hall of Fame Classic" for USAC Natl./CRA 410 Sprints!!...Yuma's, "Magic Man",Mike Martin Starting his Maxim outside R.J.Johnson on Row 1...jumped out early to lead to be credited with leading all 30 Laps for his 1st Natl USAC WIN!!!....regardless of starting possisition,all Natl shoes were there within striking distance to no avail!!....like its said,a WIN is a WIN!!...n' puts you at the top of the Sheet at the PAY WINDOW!!...WTG RACER!!...for a Great Big Natl.WIN!!.....Sat. Results: http://www.usacracing.com/sprint/_index/news_s5816.html
  #2 10/29/12 6:23 PM
Maybe that's why this is the first thing I've seen posted about it. I seen where he won & had never really seen his name before & he beat the big boys. Way to go Mike & to think it was in a 360.
2 Likes: AustinSprinter, ffrid
Azsprintfan (Offline)
  #3 10/29/12 8:38 PM
Has anyone ever won a Usac 410 National event in a 360?
KMS2683 (Offline)
  #4 10/29/12 9:31 PM
Originally Posted by AustinSprinter:
Anybody now thinkin' that a hot(Shaver)360 can't compete against a 410 under the rite Track situations/conditions??...as was the case this last Sat. nite @ CanyonSpeedwayPark.Com for the 2nd nite Finale of "Hall of Fame Classic" for USAC Natl./CRA 410 Sprints!!...Yuma's, "Magic Man",Mike Martin Starting his Maxim outside R.J.Johnson on Row 1...jumped out early to lead to be credited with leading all 30 Laps for his 1st Natl USAC WIN!!!....regardless of starting possisition,all Natl shoes were there within striking distance to no avail!!....like its said,a WIN is a WIN!!...n' puts you at the top of the Sheet at the PAY WINDOW!!...WTG RACER!!...for a Great Big Natl.WIN!!.....Sat. Results: http://www.usacracing.com/sprint/_index/news_s5816.html

Posted via Mobile Device
2 Likes: AustinSprinter, mowerman
UberKuhlMan (Offline)
  #5 10/29/12 10:38 PM
When I heard a local had defeated the "National Drivers" I was pretty happy for the guy. Although beating them in a 360 makes it even better!
2 Likes: AustinSprinter, Azsprintfan
kinser (Offline)
  #6 10/30/12 9:19 PM
And to think a little V-6 used to kick V-8 azz a few years back. Just goes to show it's not all about motor! !

Posted via Mobile Device
kinser (Offline)
  #7 10/30/12 9:24 PM
Originally Posted by Azsprintfan:
Has anyone ever won a Usac 410 National event in a 360?
Yes Doug Kalitta won several back in the 90's. USAC used to give them a 100 lb weight break. The 410's had to weigh 1400 and the 360's had to weigh 1300. That was on pavement only there wasn't a minimum weight on dirt, which is the way it should be now.

Posted via Mobile Device
Go Fast (Offline)
  #8 10/30/12 10:02 PM
I believe that Stewart won at least one national race on dirt with a V-6.

Gary Ooley

I never had a bad day, just some more challenging than others!
kinser (Offline)
  #9 10/30/12 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by Go Fast:
I believe that Stewart won at least one national race on dirt with a V-6.
Yes he did, we also won the 4 Crown in 1994 with Kevin Doty

Posted via Mobile Device
ImissAscot (Offline)
  #10 10/31/12 4:06 AM
Originally Posted by KMS2683:
Most of the top of the line 360 engines cost as much as a 410 so I would hope they would compete. Wont be long and a 305 will be just as competitive.

Posted via Mobile Device
AZ. is ASCS Non-wing Country where the 410's are far and few between. I doubt anyone has an open comp 360 instead of a 410 for such race's that come to their town.