IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
SpfldMile (Offline)
  #11 10/17/12 5:41 PM
175... Wow

For those about to rock, we salute you.
mortboyz
  #12 10/17/12 5:51 PM
HA!! Ask Dave Darland.....he got turned around by Tracy Hines at that speed going into one, a few years back....
stroud21 (Offline)
  #13 10/17/12 6:17 PM
I think Parsons had the crash award there. Pretty spectacular if i remember it right. On a side note the race that ryan neuman and kenny irwin had there for the lead one year was the best pavement race i have ever seen. It seemed like they swapped the lead in 1 and 2 almost every lap for a good chunk of the race. If they run there again i would defiantly go back to watch.

Posted via Mobile Device
2 Likes: billw, Pat O'Connor Fan
fasster23 (Offline)
  #14 10/17/12 9:25 PM
Is there any insight as to how the test went? Was it just RW & 6R there? I'm going to guess that if it went poorly USAC won't be broadcasting it. I heard about it at Terre Haute but didn't hear the date, didn't know it was 4 days from then. I'm not assuming or implying anything but was it just 2 of the big 3 teams or did any single car teams go? Or even get an invite?

Posted via Mobile Device
Midget 89 (Offline)
  #15 10/17/12 9:56 PM
Originally Posted by fasster23:
Is there any insight as to how the test went? Was it just RW & 6R there? I'm going to guess that if it went poorly USAC won't be broadcasting it. I heard about it at Terre Haute but didn't hear the date, didn't know it was 4 days from then. I'm not assuming or implying anything but was it just 2 of the big 3 teams or did any single car teams go? Or even get an invite?

Posted via Mobile Device
My understanding is that there were just the two teams.
Kellen Conover (Offline)
  #16 10/17/12 10:44 PM
It was an open test, USAC emailed the info and anyone was allowed to go but I've only seen info on 3 cars being there.

Posted via Mobile Device
miledirt (Offline)
  #17 10/18/12 7:55 AM
What would the reason(s) be for testing on this paved, big mile plus track if USAC wasn't considering returning?
Pat O'Connor Fan (Offline)
  #18 10/18/12 7:58 AM
Originally Posted by miledirt:
What would the reason(s) be for testing on this paved, big mile plus track if USAC wasn't considering returning?
I think it would be more a matter of the track's new operators considering a return of the SC cars.
Dez1013 (Offline)
  #19 10/18/12 8:23 AM
They need to run Gateway with SC cars and Indycar (along with their support series).
fasster23 (Offline)
  #20 10/18/12 11:58 AM
USAC just posted on fb they will be returning to Gateway in 2013

Posted via Mobile Device
3 Likes: koolaid89, luckybuc97, SC90