IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Most Improved Driver
10/2/12, 10:17 AM   #41
Re: Most Improved Driver
boomer

Driver of the 32 car is Chase Stockon,S-t-o-c-k-o-n,no T, no E, STOCKON... This young man is doing a great job running with the USAC guys. Chase and his team are what makes me enjoy racing. No big money,no big hauler,no big spare parts,no back up car,just a big love to race and do the very best with what they have. It seems to be working for them! Good luck to the Stockon team.

10/2/12, 11:46 AM   #42
rcr81

Robert Ballou ... Your my boy ballou!!

10/2/12, 4:26 PM   #43
Rogue-9

I would have given Gulick this honor last year, as that was really his break through season. In my opinion this year would have to be KT Jr. Chase Stockon showed some glimmers of his talent last year, where as KT Jr. didn't do much of anything last year, but came out of nowhere this year and has a ISW USAC win. Overall, I think Chase was slightly better this year, but I would say KT Jr. improved more upon last year, as he had farther to go, and both of them are now in a 4 car battle for 7th in the points in USAC this year with both 1 USAC win to their credit..

1 member likes this post: mowerman
10/2/12, 5:39 PM   #44
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Everyone seems to forget Justin Grant was on a roll this season Get well soon JG!

2 members like this post: billwill7, mowerman
10/2/12, 5:49 PM   #45
Rogue-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Everyone seems to forget Justin Grant was on a roll this season Get well soon JG!
He was also on a roll last season. He was already a contender.

10/2/12, 7:11 PM   #46
Stocko23

My vote belongs to Chase Stockon by far the most improved.

Posted via Mobile Device

10/2/12, 9:34 PM   #47
cmiracingvids

Chase Stockon was very much improved this year. Id also have to say CJ Leary. He's looked pretty good at times too. Briscoe had some good runs as well. Logan Hupp has impressed and he got the burg championship....I just wouldn't say most improved. He was pretty good last year too. Overall Stockon prolly gets my vote.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
10/2/12, 10:51 PM   #48
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Very interesting thread for sure. A number of good choices as well as some sleepers. When you talk Stockon, Thomas Jr, Hupp, Briscoe, Burton, Gulick, Hendrick, Grant, Jarrett, Cunningham, McIntyre, Hopkins, Beauchamp and Leery, you have 14 reasons to get off of the computer and attend some races. These guys are the future of open wheel racing and are putting on a show at a track near you. No need to pick for me, just sitting in the stands enjoying all of them.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

10/3/12, 11:48 AM   #49
lovindirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonT30 View Post
I have to go with Coleman Gulick he really broke through this year.
Not sure about Coleman heck he was good from the get go were talking most improved this year. JMO

10/13/12, 10:17 AM   #50
Tumey's 55

I think Chase has solidified his hold on the title of Most Improved with his recent performances. Well done. Hope he is at Kokomo for the Klash so I can see him run one more time this year.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Most Improved Driver