IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Logan Jarrett wild flip at Lawerenceburg
10/1/12, 7:56 PM   #21
Re: Logan Jarrett wild flip at Lawerenceburg
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatMiller View Post
Just to put all speculation to bed, I just got off the phone with Logan. He said that he is still pretty sore. Wanted to thank everyone who came down to help load the car into the trailer. He said that he lost brakes in the opening laps of the race.
So it is the crew chiefs fault, fire his a$# or pay him more. J.M.O. from a crew chief in the same spot as Logans. (Tony glad the kid is alright)

Jerry #66j
stida.com

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
10/1/12, 8:38 PM   #22
DICNJAN

So from the stands it all looks easy.......
From all are years it not......
Bend her back....
Lets go racing.....

1 member likes this post: MatMiller
10/1/12, 8:42 PM   #23
lovindirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
I have access to every screen name... so you better be careful Jerry. I might just use your username to post something.
Bill now that is very funny. LOL!

10/1/12, 8:43 PM   #24
MatMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Spencer View Post
So it is the crew chiefs fault, fire his a$# or pay him more. J.M.O. from a crew chief in the same spot as Logans. (Tony glad the kid is alright)

Jerry #66j
stida.com

No fault can be given to anyone for a mechanical failure. Stuff happens on the track that is out of our control (ie, cracked caliper, master cylinder goes bad, etc...)

10/1/12, 9:12 PM   #25
lovindirt

Quote:
The video only shows one corner of the entire race. For all of you "professional racefans" who weren't even at the track, let me explain what was happening in the race at the time of the accident.

Up to that point, Logan was battling for the last transfer spot into the A. Since all of you are professionals, I know that you understand what its like to be the guy running in 7th position, one spot out of a transfer, and not making the show. Compound that feeling with the fact that it was a USAC show.

Before all of you spout off about something you know absolutely nothing about except how much a gate ticket and beer costs, consider the fact that these drivers are busting their asses out there to put on a show for you. These cars cannot stop on a dime and the finesse needed to hit your mark on every single lap is unimaginable.

Did he drive it in too far? Maybe. Was he driving his ass off to get in the show? Definitely. Should be on here disrespecting him, or any other driver? Definitely NOT.
Matt I was not attempting to disrespect Logan at all. I'm glad he is OK. I do not go to track to drink or anything else you wish to say. This time I was a spectator, and I watched exactly what happened, he was the fastest car on the track at that point in time and I explained to you what I observed. And I observed our own driver try the same move last year, with similar results. I was not hating on him or anything.
I have not been doing this for 33 years as some but sorry, his brakes won't stop in the last ten ft. of applying them at a 100 plus MPH on dirt, no one's will period, and a very darn good chance he won't ever get it turned in a 12 foot area at that speed either, especially when 3 cars are in that area. But the top looked pretty clear in that area up until that happened. Now the top yes it will handle them speeds and help rotate the car without pinching it off.
JMO and I was not trying to upset the young man at all; I like all the new kids. Hell this is what keeps the sport going my man. We all take a little advice at times and sometimes we give it. I know he was trying to transfer and so was about dozen others. As I said he was very fast just in the wrong spot doing it. Sorry if your mad about it. I was not attempting to P in someones wheaties. I know how hard it is to make a show heck I have a steel engine, and that really sucks.

10/1/12, 9:17 PM   #26
Jonr

Quote:
Just to put all speculation to bed, I just got off the phone with Logan. He said that he is still pretty sore. Wanted to thank everyone who came down to help load the car into the trailer. He said that he lost brakes in the opening laps of the race.
HMMMM.......... Interesting post. Anyone else see anything interesting about this post.

1 member likes this post: NanaD
10/1/12, 9:35 PM   #27
NanaD

Wow must be awesome to be as perfect as you are or think you are how about giving Logan a break because anyone that knows him knows he is a great young man lets be happy that he wasn't hurt and the other driver was fine too and as you stated in this day and age of you tube I guess you better watch what you do all the time too wouldn't want someone to catch you not being your perfect self

10/1/12, 10:12 PM   #28
dr101minisprint

Quote:
Glad that he is ok. If the brakes were failing since opening laps, one must wonder why attempt that move.

4 members like this post: burris7555, interpreter66, Jonr, spicoli
10/1/12, 10:21 PM   #29
HurstBros0

L-Burg is a little too fast a joint to attempt a "no braker"... Glad the kid`s okay.

10/2/12, 12:45 PM   #30
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
No fault can be given to anyone for a mechanical failure. Stuff happens on the track that is out of our control (ie, cracked caliper, master cylinder goes bad, etc...)
Matt Tony is like a brother to me and logan is just like one of my own, I was just trying to lighten things up a bit. I have been in this game for a long time and know what you are talking about when it comes to part failure. Seat time good or bad, I bet Logan picked up a little knowledge.
Like I said glad he is ok.

Jerry #66j
stida.com

2 members like this post: 4t4, KRJoyce1
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Logan Jarrett wild flip at Lawerenceburg