IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Sprintfan1985 (Offline)
  #1 8/17/12 12:37 AM
Kyle was on the 31st lap podcast yesterday and confirmed he will be running the smack down at Kokomo. He said that it really can be a big event and hopes to see a ton of sprint cars show up. Let's hope this event turns out big so they can continue to put it on every year and get bigger each and every year. I urge all you fans out there to show up instead of just sitting at home. It's going to be some great racing!
Aaron

Posted via Mobile Device
3 Likes: i love dirt track racing, nathans1012
barny oldfeller
  #2 8/17/12 1:11 AM
recon i'd go if'n the track was a little bigger n had more banking
Sprintfan1985 (Offline)
  #3 8/17/12 1:17 AM
Kokomo has an excellent track, best 1/4 mile in Indiana. The racing is always great there. Yes a half mile would be awesome but Kokomo is an amazing track

Posted via Mobile Device
5 Likes: jerrydt, mowerman, MWestfallfan54, nathans1012, Stevensville Mike
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #4 8/17/12 3:03 AM
Originally Posted by sprintfan1985:
kokomo has an excellent track, best 1/4 mile in indiana. The racing is always great there. Yes a half mile would be awesome but kokomo is an amazing track

posted via mobile device
+1
jenthro (Offline)
  #5 8/17/12 6:27 AM
While I'm very glad to see Kyle is going to be there, this is bad news for the rest of the guys. That young man can wheel a car.
2 Likes: jerrydt, short track scott
flatout18 (Offline)
  #6 8/17/12 9:41 AM
Did he say what car he would be in?
Sprintfan1985 (Offline)
  #7 8/17/12 11:37 AM
No he didn't...anyone could win it. With the format they are running, I think it gives everyone a good chance. It shouldn't discourage people from coming. If you love to race, then you should come out and have a good time

Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

I would guess he will be in the1k sponsored by Abreu vineyards if I had to guess

Posted via Mobile Device
barny oldfeller
  #8 8/17/12 3:46 PM
i agree it is an awesome track, only half kidding/ i'd love to be there but i'm plan'n on bein in the atlantic surf of n c instead (this ole land-locked pyrate gits mean w/o his ocean time, arrrr!) i do think sprint cars are made to run 1/3 to 1/2 mile tracks though
Koonzee (Offline)
  #9 8/17/12 6:38 PM
According to Twitter,the Fox 53.
MacTexas (Offline)
  #10 8/17/12 8:03 PM
Talked to the Abreu 1a guys at Knoxville and they said Larson would be in their car at Kokomo.