Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bettenhausen 100
8/16/12, 4:51 PM   #21
Re: Bettenhausen 100
sprntr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC90 View Post
[/COLOR]

I wish! Unfortunately we won't be able to make it this year. Thanks for thinking about us though!!
How is Hotrod's recovery progressing?

steiny
formerly crewman for the Nix 43

8/16/12, 6:43 PM   #22
billwill7

That's Jon Heydenrich ride.

8/17/12, 9:48 AM   #23
nailer

the 50 won't be there per Zach a few days ago champ cars are parked rest of the year.

Dave

8/17/12, 2:15 PM   #24
jim goerge

Calling Mr. Funk to answer this

8/17/12, 7:43 PM   #25
illiNOISE

We're a mere 15 hours away from hot laps tommorow, and still NOTHING on USAC's Facebook wall promoting the race. Yet they have a big ad on the wall for Tri City's Sprint show--that's two weeks away. Yeah, I think one can see how the folks on 16th Street regard the SC division.

2 members like this post: fasster23, lilrim
8/17/12, 9:14 PM   #26
ThePurple73

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC90 View Post
[/COLOR]

I wish! Unfortunately we won't be able to make it this year. Thanks for thinking about us though!!
The 90 car is the ultimate of what a race car should look like.
We will keep an eye out. Maybe there will be a 73 car next year!

8/18/12, 7:30 PM   #27
mr nobody
Banned

21 cars (20 taking time and starting the race) is not a good sign for this series. The 5, 37, 43, 56, 50 weren't there from 2011 (among others I can't think of). There were two additional cars there this year (7 and 141) and yet there was still a loss of cars. Sad that this series has fallen so far but I completely side with the small owners of Silver Crown cars. They don't have massive R&D budgets to convert over to ethanol. As evidenced today, one car burned a piston and multiple engine overheating are only going to continue to plague this series until things change. Those changes are needed fast before this series is gone.

8/18/12, 8:38 PM   #28
miledirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr nobody View Post
21 cars (20 taking time and starting the race) is not a good sign for this series. The 5, 37, 43, 56, 50 weren't there from 2011 (among others I can't think of). There were two additional cars there this year (7 and 141) and yet there was still a loss of cars. Sad that this series has fallen so far but I completely side with the small owners of Silver Crown cars. They don't have massive R&D budgets to convert over to ethanol. As evidenced today, one car burned a piston and multiple engine overheating are only going to continue to plague this series until things change. Those changes are needed fast before this series is gone.
I sure hope USAC gets this figured out. I went today and it was still a good show to see those cars on the dirt mile, but 21 cars... really?! It's time for those in leadership to get this deal straightened out, take care of their owners, and give some communication to their fans. Because as it is now, this deal stinks

8/18/12, 10:17 PM   #29
koolaid89

Quote:
Originally Posted by miledirt View Post
I sure hope USAC gets this figured out. I went today and it was still a good show to see those cars on the dirt mile, but 21 cars... really?! It's time for those in leadership to get this deal straightened out, take care of their owners, and give some communication to their fans. Because as it is now, this deal stinks
Are you talking about the same usac the rest of us know? When's the last time they've done something productive for open wheel racing?

3 members like this post: mowerman, ossuks, racephoto1
8/18/12, 11:14 PM   #30
ossuks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr nobody View Post
There is no place in USAC for the small teams, or at least that was the message to me from Kevin when he replaced me for issuing a black flag to one of his "super teams"( and no it was not TSR, they would have handled it)! This SC issue is his motto was "why do we need them?"

1 member likes this post: fasster23
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bettenhausen 100