IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > burg update ??
8/11/12, 10:00 PM   #1
burg update ??
robert gatten

once again tonight theres updates at all tracks except The Burg ! anybody know what happened ?

8/11/12, 10:26 PM   #2
Re: burg update ??
Gregg

Shawn Westerfeld wins it going away
2. Joss Moffatt
3. Logan Hupp
4. Jason Soudrette
5. Drew Abel

15 cars
Last edited by Gregg; 8/11/12 at 10:27 PM.

8/11/12, 10:34 PM   #3
robert gatten

great !! congrats shawn you deserve to win after all the work you and your dad have done . Good things happen to good people.

1 member likes this post: Ricks Pics
8/11/12, 10:44 PM   #4
kennystidamracing

Thanks for update!

Posted via Mobile Device

8/12/12, 1:26 AM   #5
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Had another fun night at the Burg.

Sprints. Moffatt and Westerfeld started on the front row, Shawn took off to the early lead, Moffatt caught him, Passed him and the two had a battle Royal from laps 11-17 swaping the lead multiple times and several times per lap in some cases. After Westerfeld Secured the lead he checked out and seemed to be in his own zone. The track while generally good had a couple spots that were either rough or some could just handle better than others one the entry to turn one expecially. Justin grant was running a strong third until I think he had a flat. Leary (Last weeks winner) was very strong and him and Hupp battled most of the race. With Logan Prevailing for the third spot. Leary was one that was having a bouncing issue entering one and never seemed to cure it or find a way to get through without bobbling a bit. Anyhow it was a great race expecially the mid portion.

CONGRATS TO SEAN WESTERFELD, Long time coming and well deserved!

Mods were won by Adam Hamilton in a 40 lap 1500 to win Monster Mod feature. Him and Barber raced side by side swapping the lead for about the first twenty laps till Adam Checked out. John Weasel Rhodes started about 8th and was battling Barber for second when he broke. Third was a number 16, Im having trouble remembering the name right now. Scotty Kincade ran strong as well.

Joshua Shaw Won in the Hudson Hornet over Strope
See ya next week for the Dick Gaines Memorial.

6 members like this post: Don 65s, FishBurger, Gregg, Mud Packer, racegal, Ricks Pics
8/12/12, 2:22 AM   #6
lovindirt

Track was rough but fast. I have never seen the Burg like this. But had a blast, congrats. to J T for a good run in a worn out steel block car coming up to 7th in the end. Stupid bleeders killed us tonight, sorry man. But it was fun watching the basketball bounce.

2 members like this post: FishBurger, Mud Packer
8/12/12, 9:39 AM   #7
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

To show how short my memory is and it exactly happened that way, Jackslash reminded me that Moffatt fell back to fifth almost from the start and Grant was chasing Westerfeld while Moffatt clawed back and took the lead mid race.

It was a good nite. Also seen Hupp Bike it hard in hotlaps and it was amazing that he saved it.

2 members like this post: FishBurger, Mud Packer
8/12/12, 1:35 PM   #8
FishBurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert gatten View Post
once again tonight theres updates at all tracks except The Burg ! anybody know what happened ?
Sorry about that Bob. I'm sure I was the first one to get home last night. But, I didn't think there were more than 5 active (maybe less) IOW'ers with interest in anything 'Burg related. A 'Burg post is often an invitation for ridicule.

Charles got it right (eventually ). Great crowd on hand and some exciting racing action in spite of low sprint car count. It was SUPER to see Shawn Westerfeld get his first and maybe even better to see Jason Soudrette back in the saddle after some health issues.

Hope all is well with you folks.

4 members like this post: Danny Burton, Mud Packer, Ricks Pics, Tim Watson
8/12/12, 1:53 PM   #9
robert gatten

hey marv, i should be there but chads raced in Neb and Mo then worked in kyle larsons pit crew at knoxville nationals, so couldn't make it. thanks for the update , seems other tracks have someone giving updates as they happen but not at burg. chads got a ride in California at Calistoga of all places and then at Hanford & Perris so don't know if ,or when he'll be back at burg.

2 members like this post: FishBurger, SPRINTCAR
8/12/12, 5:02 PM   #10
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishBurger View Post
Sorry about that Bob. I'm sure I was the first one to get home last night. But, I didn't think there were more than 5 active (maybe less) IOW'ers with interest in anything 'Burg related. A 'Burg post is often an invitation for ridicule.

Charles got it right (eventually ). Great crowd on hand and some exciting racing action in spite of low sprint car count. It was SUPER to see Shawn Westerfeld get his first and maybe even better to see Jason Soudrette back in the saddle after some health issues.

Hope all is well with you folks.
We still care Marv. Burg results are always welcome since we can't get there every week. Saturday night is a tough nut to crack with so many different tracks and types of racing going on. You guys (Chuck, Gregg & Marv) are ever so kind to supply updates and we appreciate them all. Keep em coming.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

4 members like this post: FishBurger, Gregg, PJ Wright, Tim Watson
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > burg update ??