IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MMSA at ELDORA
8/10/12, 11:51 AM   #91
Re: MMSA at ELDORA
Copperhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmaracing View Post
Sorry just had to put my 2 cents in on the whole Eldor race. Good luck to all the drivers that are allowed to run we will be watching from the grandstands since my son is not old enough to race there....and thats where it all begins why in the world would MMSA schedule a race at a track where ALL their drivers can't race. (my problem is not with Eldora every track has its own rules) but the track rules should have been checked before the race was scheduled. I think it should be a NON POINT race. Fair is Fair. I realize its "Eldora" thats why it can be a NON POINT race becasue it is "ELDORA" everybodys still gonna come. If its gonna be as big as everybody says and all these people from out of state are coming I'm sure their not worried about points. As a racer how would you feel your running for rookie of there year (and have it at this second which I'm sure he will not after this weekend) have been to every race this year and then get an oh I'm sorry I know your dissappointed but theres nothing I can do. How about I just average out your pts and give you those for THIS RACE....uuuhhh how fair is that to the rest of you guys..... really. Hey dont worry about that because he changed his mind on that lastnight. MAKE IT A NON POINT RACE IS WHAT U CAN DO!!!!!
Good luck guys we will be there to watch

Keri
(Daniels mom) and if you have a problem with my post talk to me not my son!!!!!!!!
I agree. The Rookie of the Year title shouldn't be decided off the track by things out of the driver's control. If car count is what everybody's saying it's going to be, the MMSA point leaders could be in trouble also. It would be devastating to miss the A main. First time around, with a race with so many variables, I think making it a NON points race would be fitting. Good luck to everybody going.

Scotty Orme #03

8/10/12, 12:13 PM   #92
treecitytornado

Make it show-up points only. That would be fair.

Posted via Mobile Device

8/10/12, 1:24 PM   #93
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmaracing View Post
Sorry just had to put my 2 cents in on the whole Eldor race. Good luck to all the drivers that are allowed to run we will be watching from the grandstands since my son is not old enough to race there....and thats where it all begins why in the world would MMSA schedule a race at a track where ALL their drivers can't race. (my problem is not with Eldora every track has its own rules) but the track rules should have been checked before the race was scheduled. I think it should be a NON POINT race. Fair is Fair. I realize its "Eldora" thats why it can be a NON POINT race becasue it is "ELDORA" everybodys still gonna come. If its gonna be as big as everybody says and all these people from out of state are coming I'm sure their not worried about points. As a racer how would you feel your running for rookie of there year (and have it at this second which I'm sure he will not after this weekend) have been to every race this year and then get an oh I'm sorry I know your dissappointed but theres nothing I can do. How about I just average out your pts and give you those for THIS RACE....uuuhhh how fair is that to the rest of you guys..... really. Hey dont worry about that because he changed his mind on that lastnight. MAKE IT A NON POINT RACE IS WHAT U CAN DO!!!!!
Good luck guys we will be there to watch

Keri
(Daniels mom) and if you have a problem with my post talk to me not my son!!!!!!!!

A long time ago Doug my son and I changed the name of the "points championship award" to "the perfect attendance award" It made racing a lot more fun for us. The points race is designed to get people to race at every race the group puts on.

The MMSA and AMSA are both supported by racers that do other things besides race, You know like vacations, swim meets for the kids, weddings and things like that.

A very simple rule change like allowing drivers to drop their worst one or two races to include no shows would be a great Idea.

This Eldora race has been in the making for over two years now and I think it great. I once had a driver that couldn't meet the age requirements at some tracks, we just didn't make that race. If you are a serious racer the court system has provided a way to beat the age thing "Emancipation" I do not recommend this option.

Looks like our water pump is not going to be here on time so I guess we will be up with you in the stands or at least I hope down in the pits

Honest Dad himself

PS.
The nice thing about a dictator is he can change the rules whenever he wants to. Why not talk it over at the drivers meeting?

8/10/12, 2:38 PM   #94
treecitytornado

Actually Bill tried to get a 600cc race at the Big E back in 1997. That was the old Buckeye Mini Sprint Association days. Man times flies! Glad to see Mini-Sprints finally get to compete at Eldora! Way to stick with it, Bill!

Posted via Mobile Device

8/10/12, 3:02 PM   #95
TQ29m

DAD, back in the day, when we were running the SIRA karting association, the first 4- races of the year went well, then the pressure of "points" became a focal point, to everyone, then things changed, the "fun" left' the "friendship" left, or at least became apparent, so after a few years, we, the board members, were already aware of the problem, but what to do about it was the next question, that no one seemed to have a "reasonable" answer for, as most of us were driving long distances, even the thrill of victory, or the agony of defeat couldn't put away the "points" race, so, one season, we tried to put together a schedule that wasn't somewhere, every weekend, well, that didn't satisfy anyone's thirst, nor fit everyone's schedule, so one of the director's wife's came up with the "best 2 out of 3" idea, that way, it didn't make any difference if you missed a race, or had a bad race day, at the end of the season, everyone counted THEIR best one's, well, guess what, that went over like a T()rd in a punchbowl, "I made every race", I want credit for them, even the bad one's. Now, how do you argue with logic like that? I personally, thought it was a great idea, even tho I didn't think of it, they took the total races ran, and everyone got to count the same number of races, 2/3rds of the total number of races ran, everyone got to count the same number of races, couldn't have been a better method, took off the pressure, for a few, and made the togetherness thing work better, a little, it's been years since then, I don't know how they do it now, but I still thought it was a good thing, so much for trying to keep the most people happy. Bob

1 member likes this post: DAD
8/10/12, 3:14 PM   #96
DAD

Never will everybody be happy, I can think of a few people that would raise hedoble L with my idea already. Heck we need to drop or worst 5 orso this year. The best idea is to look on it as a perfect attendance award at school that puts everything into perspective.

Honest Dad himself

8/10/12, 4:01 PM   #97
D.L. 122

non points would be fair
Last edited by D.L. 122; 8/10/12 at 4:34 PM. Reason: ...

8/10/12, 5:51 PM   #98
Jrp4554

Bill youre doing an incredible job. Keep it up and thank you for putting together such an awesome opportunity for us.

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: fish, tricky3t33
8/10/12, 6:41 PM   #99
karmaracing

To bad this great opportunity is gonna knock some racers out of their point standings!!!!!

8/10/12, 7:55 PM   #100
Copperhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.L. 122 View Post
non points would be fair
The MMSA website doesn't specify an age limit for the series in their rules. A young driver starting out with the series would have to assume that he or she would be good to race wherever the series scheduled an event. I understand that you can't make everyone happy, but I don't think this is an issue that requires a complete reconstruction of the way points are calculated, I just think that this particular instance needs correcting. Complete information regarding the event wasn't even available until a week or so ago. Anyone that works all week, drives to the track, tears up their stuff, goes home, spends money, puts it back together, and shows up every single time for the next one, deserves his fair shot. It takes a tremendous amount of loyalty and commitment to run an entire series' schedule. I think this is an amazing opportunity for mini sprints to run at a facility of this caliber, so I have nothing against the race itself (still think it'll be a wild one). All I'm saying is that if the age restriction at Eldora is going to shake up the points and rookie title, I vote the next race has an age MAXIMUM of 15yrs. to even things back up.

2 members like this post: D.L. 122, slidewayz28
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MMSA at ELDORA