IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
TQ29m (Offline)
  #51 8/6/12 8:38 AM
They, as well as all retailers, get a "collection"fee, on the taxes they collect, and send to the govt, but it isn't much, I would think maybe it's gone up, since I closed my Outdoor Power Equipment business, but I think it's around .001%, so they do make a "profit" off the taxes. Bob!

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #52 8/7/12 11:29 AM
And it will go higher.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...ern-calif?lite

http://www.wthr.com/story/19216740/o...-toward-belize

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
racefan20 (Offline)
  #53 8/7/12 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by Dirtfan:
And it will go higher.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...ern-calif?lite
But that wont affect us. Just like the refinery problems in the Chicago area only affected the Ind,Mich,Ill,Wisc,Oh area. That is in Cali and will affect that area

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
Wallsracing (Offline)
  #54 8/7/12 12:06 PM
Gregg (Offline)
  #55 8/7/12 5:20 PM
I wonder if the gas will go down as fast as it went up last week. Don't answer that, I think I know what it is.
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #56 8/7/12 5:45 PM
Originally Posted by Gregg:
I wonder if the gas will go down as fast as it went up last week. Don't answer that, I think I know what it is.
Sorry Gregg, I just couldn't help myself.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
AustinSprinter (Offline)
  #57 8/7/12 5:54 PM
Gas in NorCal last week in July for NHRA Sonoma was $3.67!!...compared to $ 3.17 in Phx b4 any disc...I can just imagine where it will be headed ($.$$) for Labor Day Holiday ,when headed out west again for USAC/CRA & W.States Midgets Vermeil Classic @ Calistoga!!...still lookn' forward to it in the "Wine Country".... can't wait for the Racn' onthe Giant 1/2 mile!!......
  #58 8/7/12 9:30 PM
A silver dollar would buy four gallons in 1964....today it would buy six gallons. The real whining begins when you can't find any fuel.
I Miss Manzy (Offline)
  #59 8/7/12 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by Gregg:
Ever heard the old adage "Gas prices go up like a rocket and come down like a feather" ?
2 Likes: AustinSprinter, IndyBound
racer-x (Offline)
  #60 8/8/12 7:44 PM
Wait till you see the gas prices after this weekend in California with that refinary on fire!! They just said they could go up 30 to 40 cents a gallon this week(in western states). It is kinda interesting watching all the people upset because the plant is smoking and they are not sure what the health affects will be.

They also compared states as to what the average person spends on gas compared to there income. Some states were as high as 15% of what they make a month going to fuel costs. Take that increase along with food prices and it makes me wonder how someone can sit there and scratch there head and say i wonder why people arnt racing or going to the races anymore..
2 Likes: PIT CART, skids59