IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
SHORTBUS (Offline)
  #1 8/2/12 3:27 PM
Gas in terre haute just took another jump today 3.95 ( .75 ) in the last week.why ?? ( just because they can ) guess i will stay home more often now ____ bull sh-t _____
2 Likes: chasinracin2, rdzsprint
Dave Rudisell (Offline)
  #2 8/2/12 3:29 PM
Originally Posted by SHORTBUS:
Gas in terre haute just took another jump today ( .75 ) in the last week.why ?? ( just because they can ) guess i will stay home more often now ____ bull sh-t _____
Gas is FREE in Lawrenceburg...all you need is this plactic card thingy put it in the pump thingy and it gives you all you want!!
4 Likes: Hotshoe65s, midget96, speed bump, thebus79h
ChadSmith (Offline)
  #3 8/2/12 3:32 PM
Need to figure out how to run the truck on methanol!

Posted via Mobile Device
Dave Rudisell (Offline)
  #4 8/2/12 3:40 PM
Originally Posted by ChadSmith:
Need to figure out how to run the truck on methanol!

Posted via Mobile Device
My truck is equipped for E85 and last year i found a place that sold it. I got it for 2.75 a gallon with my Kroger plus card...thought i got a great deal, until the next day it was all gone. I think i got like 4 mpg, and it had no power also. Never again!!
TQ29m (Offline)
  #5 8/2/12 3:51 PM
Dave, ain't that E85 wonderful, you might as well put the pure stuff in, methenol, it wouldn't foul your system much worse, I just ck'd Gas Buddy, and it's at $3.95 already today, just a few days ago, they were telling us, it'd be back to just over $3.00, in a week or so, so much for that BS! Bob!

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
SHORTBUS (Offline)
  #6 8/2/12 4:05 PM
Dave,
you are full of gas as always
Shawn Harper (Offline)
  #7 8/2/12 4:07 PM
I heard a refinery was having some issues and once these were resolved the gas prices would drop down again.
SDHill89 (Offline)
  #8 8/2/12 4:11 PM
I've never understood how a refinery problem or the price of oil changing can effect the price of gas that the stations already have.
4 Likes: BrandonT30, jim goerge, Mud Packer, rdzsprint
Diggsy (Offline)
  #9 8/2/12 4:26 PM
Charge more for what they have now since it could take longer to get more? No idea.

The refinery in Tulsa had some kind of explosion overnight and crews battled a fire for a few hours that took the refinery offline. Says it handles over 125k barrels of crude/day. Not sure whey go from there, but...
midget96 (Offline)
  #10 8/2/12 4:27 PM
Well, I can tell you that most stations get fuel and or gas deliveries multiple times in a week. Thus if the price changes daily we change ours. IT IS NOT the stations that are making money. Gas, lottery and tobacco aren't called lost leaders for nothing. These 3 things are federally regulated (go figure the no profit). I did not stay at a Holiday Inn last night, I just own a station. And if anyone would like to run just the gas come on down.
2 Likes: joeracer, short track scott