IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > mini sprint evolution
7/27/12, 3:40 PM   #71
Re: mini sprint evolution
D.L. 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
We can talk about that thing all day long**** or we can race it! I would rather race it! Never bet on making any thing tamper proof Human's can work around anything, that is why I love racing!

Honest Dad himself (Trust Me)
I agree with HD someone will find a way to modify their engines or have enough money to pay someone else to do it

7/27/12, 5:21 PM   #72
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.L. 122 View Post
I agree with HD someone will find a way to modify their engines or have enough money to pay someone else to do it
The best thing we have going for us with the pocket rocket engines is they just didn't leave a lot of room to get any more HP out of them. If you are rich and some of us are, you can hop them up, one problem they don't last too long then you need to start all over again.

We are not going to stop people from spending money if they got it and some of us from spending if we don't got it. But when that motor lets them down at the wrong time several times they usually get the Idea.

People starting out, tend to think the faster guys are cheating, with killer motors and horsepower. If they would just spend a little time watching the faster cars, and clock how long it takes the fast guy to get through a turn, they might learn something. If you come out of the turn 5mph faster you will also be 5 mph faster at the end, "Really".

Given a choice between $10,000 for a motor and $10,000 for tires shock and springs, I would spend it on handling stuff every time.

Stop worrying about the motor and start worrying about how to get around the track faster and driving a better line. Motors are a factor of supply and demand in this type of racing we had better learn to go with the flow.

We just got our new low mile Busa Buster motor shipped in today with any luck we will be up in Montpelier Indiana taking part in the great Midget Mini-Sprint debate and experiment this Saturday. Sure wish we could have been with the MMSA gang this week.

If any of you mini sprint people would like to come up there and race I can guarantee that "We Play Real Well With One Another" and you might go home with a better knowledge of what you have.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 7/27/12 at 5:29 PM.

3 members like this post: Bill May, El1teBr33ze, Wayne Davis
7/28/12, 8:53 AM   #73
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
The best thing we have going for us with the pocket rocket engines is they just didn't leave a lot of room to get any more HP out of them. If you are rich and some of us are, you can hop them up, one problem they don't last too long then you need to start all over again.

We are not going to stop people from spending money if they got it and some of us from spending if we don't got it. But when that motor lets them down at the wrong time several times they usually get the Idea.

People starting out, tend to think the faster guys are cheating, with killer motors and horsepower. If they would just spend a little time watching the faster cars, and clock how long it takes the fast guy to get through a turn, they might learn something. If you come out of the turn 5mph faster you will also be 5 mph faster at the end, "Really".

Given a choice between $10,000 for a motor and $10,000 for tires shock and springs, I would spend it on handling stuff every time.

Stop worrying about the motor and start worrying about how to get around the track faster and driving a better line. Motors are a factor of supply and demand in this type of racing we had better learn to go with the flow.

We just got our new low mile Busa Buster motor shipped in today with any luck we will be up in Montpelier Indiana taking part in the great Midget Mini-Sprint debate and experiment this Saturday. Sure wish we could have been with the MMSA gang this week.

If any of you mini sprint people would like to come up there and race I can guarantee that "We Play Real Well With One Another" and you might go home with a better knowledge of what you have.

Honest Dad himself
NOW THAT THERE IS THE BEST DAM POST HERE YET YA'LL....DAD YOU HIT IT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD, KNOCKED THIS ONE OUT OF THE PARK, SCORED THE GAME WINNING TOUCHDOWN...LAPPED THE FIELD....TWICE!!

This can be said for any racing series that has a engine rule or rules.... It's hard to stop the "MONEY" input and I don't know that you really want to stop it, just curve it a little so racers have options that are FAIR for all....and we will always have a good (debate) even if everyone had the same equipt. have fun racing where ever and who ever you race with this weekend!

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

7/30/12, 9:28 AM   #74
DAD

Back to my post about the "Great Montpelier Experiment". We did not get together in time for the race. My get up and go got up and left. However another 1000cc midget owned by Lynsey Tilton and driven by Joltin Joe Liguori managed to win a heat race and run second in the feature.

We can race with the older full midget cars and do quite well against them. With just a little rule tweaking We could build our car counts and give guys with older midgets a place to run also. Kinda of like a win win deal.

What rules or lack of rules would be required to do this? "I don't Know" But it could be done. What I'm saying is a top notch 1000cc midget can run with a lower tier full midget on a small track and make for good racing.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 7/30/12 at 9:51 AM.

1 member likes this post: Wayne Davis
7/30/12, 10:17 AM   #75
sday27

mountpiler track was burnt up really bad, there wasnt to many cars
either 4 full midget 3 focus midgets and 2 mini . there running again this week. hope there's more cars to subport this class would hate to see them stop running it.

2 members like this post: DAD, Wayne Davis
7/30/12, 10:23 AM   #76
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sday27 View Post
either 4 full midget 3 focus midgets and 2 mini . there running again this week. hope there's more cars to subport this class would hate to see them stop running it.
How many of each that was going to be my next question. We got our motor in. Next week could be a go if we get it sorted out by then.

Looks like MMSA is off who knows?

But it is kinda of neat to see three classes racing together and putting on a show. This deal wouldn't work without the help of the Focus cars and 1000cc midgets. We just got to convince racers that it will and can work with the different cars racing together.

Should the 1000cc midgets make room for the full midgets and Focus and Kenyon's or should the full midgets make room for the 1000cc midgets, Kenyon's and Focus midgets? Or do we need a new Organization all together?

Or am I just blowing smoke?

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 7/30/12 at 10:52 AM.

7/30/12, 10:55 AM   #77
TM123

I don't think this is a debate about hp as much as changing everything we have known for years and cost.

If you let in the focus/durotech then someone will say let in the ecotech, then let in an old vw, then let in... until we have full blown new midgets with new engines with wings on them and driving cost up.

Also, if you start with this and it becomes the way to go guys with mini sprint cars will have to get whole new cars not just the motor $$$.

Clubs would have to be careful too how they would re-write their rules too. Right now motors are either 1000cc max or 1200cc max a 2.0L is 2000cc so will that open it up for Busa's and zx14's? Could someone figure out a way to run 2 1000's in a car?

I guess my point has always been don't try and fix something that's not broke. Leave things alone in mini sprints for now. If something comes up later and minis need a change then look into it, but for now they are doing just fine as is.

3 members like this post: DAD, RickyBobby, STUMPS88
7/30/12, 11:18 AM   #78
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM123 View Post
I don't think this is a debate about hp as much as changing everything we have known for years and cost.

If you let in the focus/durotech then someone will say let in the ecotech, then let in an old vw, then let in... until we have full blown new midgets with new engines with wings on them and driving cost up.

Also, if you start with this and it becomes the way to go guys with mini sprint cars will have to get whole new cars not just the motor $$$.

Clubs would have to be careful too how they would re-write their rules too. Right now motors are either 1000cc max or 1200cc max a 2.0L is 2000cc so will that open it up for Busa's and zx14's? Could someone figure out a way to run 2 1000's in a car?

I guess my point has always been don't try and fix something that's not broke. Leave things alone in mini sprints for now. If something comes up later and minis need a change then look into it, but for now they are doing just fine as is.
AMEN!

But what if 1000cc motor go up in price? I am looking at a $5000.00 motor on "Ebay" right now. It "is" the wave of the future, just hard to find. Maybe we could buy A $6000.00 BMW 1000rr motor. Or it could be all of them other classes wanting the same Motor, times change we can change or die on the vine.

The point is Joe Liguori driving a 1000cc Midget was racing with these motors and doing quite well at Montpelier Indiana this last weekend. .

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 7/30/12 at 11:28 AM.

7/30/12, 1:20 PM   #79
sday27

iam just hoping mountpiler keeps this class going because you can run ecotecs and other motors iam working on two to three cars to run there next season because i want to race but really cant aford those 40 to 60,ooo.oo motors in usac and the 1000cc engine are getting up there to,almost the same as a focus now,

7/30/12, 1:52 PM   #80
BrianBSU23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sday27 View Post
Last Saturday, we had 2 1000CC cars (top finisher 2nd), 3 Focus Cars (top finisher 6th), and 6 Full Midgets. The track was slick Saturday night, but Joe has had the same results on hammer down tracks also (We have 2 slickies and 2 hammer downs this season for the Midget features).

I know as a promoter I think Harold is in it for long haul, but you want to see glimmers of the ability to grow your car count along with a response from a fan base. We have a decent payout set up with not much dropoff between places (especially with 11+ cars). There no doubt there needs to be a fan following to cover that expense.

We need to pick up a few more cars and the racing should become exciting for a midget fan especially for only $10.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > mini sprint evolution