IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Haubstadt or Putnamville
7/29/12, 11:55 PM   #11
Re: Haubstadt or Putnamville
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Lets look at it a little differently. Haubstadt only runs special shows, not weekly. Putnamville runs weekly. I would guess that another Saturday might be even better at Putnamville because Haubstadt wouldn't be running against it and some of the USACers might be there.

On the other hand, I might be overanalyzing the whole thing. You shouldn't be disappointed at either.

7/29/12, 11:59 PM   #12
Flatrightrear

Quick Change--LPS runs every week and TSS only select shows so I would hit TSS. You can hit P-ville virtually any week.

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

Haubstadt is also paying $5,000.00 to win.

7/30/12, 12:59 AM   #13
Avon Open Wheel fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Change View Post
With USAC out west, will that affect car count in Haubstadt much?
I have been to both tracks and they both always put on a great show. Since USAC will be out west I would not look for too many big names at either track this coming weekend. If it was me I would look at going to Putnamville since they are a weekly show they will still have many of the regular racers who always put on a great show. It could be a thin car count at Haubstadt. But I will also admit to living just west of Indy so Putnamville is closer to me and that's where I attend the most.

1 member likes this post: mowerman
7/30/12, 1:20 AM   #14
Racingperry4

Putnamville also has very close races and very tight races from the sprint cars to the night emdind bombers its always an awesome night at pville haubstaudt has an amazing track everytime I've been there but I live in Terre Haute so its more of a drive to TSS and more expensive since they run special shows but LPS does it all weekly shows special shows u name it they got Joe spiker knows how to always put on a good show track looked sketchy last week and the sprint feature was amazing and fast as cottle chased down shuman plus u get to see four classes at LPS more bang for your buck kinda thing never a bad seat ill be at LPS Saturday night in turn 4 watching another great show

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: Motormasher, mowerman
7/30/12, 3:21 AM   #15
wolfracer69

that night at either track will be a good show

7/30/12, 7:09 AM   #16
Motormasher

Haubstadt will probably have 2 sprint heats again and a feature so yeah, LPS. Will probably have way more cars and more bang for your buck.

Posted via Mobile Device

7/30/12, 7:32 AM   #17
Rpracing1

With USAC out of state, and 5 Large up for grabs, this race traditionaly has attracted your Non-points chasing , young gun slinging, regional big dogs. Three awesome heats last year at this race. I am sure that LPS will have its weekly good show as well though... Just get out and go to a race and quit whining. I will be at the WOO race in B-Ton Friday as well......Yes wangs!
Last edited by Rpracing1; 7/30/12 at 7:34 AM.

1 member likes this post: racephoto1
7/30/12, 7:46 AM   #18
miledirt

I drive from St. Louis for both tracks... the only plus P'ville might have would be car count and I only say that because of the opinions of the guys who live over there and know the weekly show better. Otherwise, personally Ive been more impressed with the track conditions and racing at Haubstadt. Just my two cents.

7/30/12, 8:32 AM   #19
illinisprintfan

Both tracks are great. I actually live much closer to Haubstadt (45 mins vs 2 hrs), but if they were equal distance, I would pick Haubstadt. Just my preference. You will do well going to either.

7/30/12, 11:01 AM   #20
rdzsprint

Haubstadt. No contest.

1 member likes this post: ekohl23
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Haubstadt or Putnamville