IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Another case of "why??"
7/28/12, 11:10 AM   #31
Re: Another case of "why??"
backitin

Are they real modifieds or the ump things ? No whining here but they all suck, just one more than the other.

7/28/12, 11:24 AM   #32
kevinjr

new here i live here in north alabama and i only wished i lived in sprint car country those races i have saw footage of are some of the best racing i have seen granted we have late models here and thats our feature class but what i would give to live in indiana to see sprints weekly! as for the modifieds i just wish they would give them some tires! because they have no grip at my local tracks

7/28/12, 11:33 AM   #33
hoosier race fan

I think some of those guys that run USMTS like Ryan Gustin could hop in a sprint and hold their own. Maybe this show, all the big late model and winged sprint shows, and even the local tracks that pay better than most non-wing events are able to do it because they draw good crowds, have great racing, and get sponsors to support what they do. It's hard for some people to see the good racing that goes on in other classes when their nose is so high in the air.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: speed bump
7/28/12, 11:51 AM   #34
Hotshoe65s

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier race fan View Post
It's hard for some people to see the good racing that goes on in other classes when their nose is so high in the air.

Posted via Mobile Device
Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: DunaganRacing
7/28/12, 11:55 AM   #35
Chubs Peterson

It really dont matter what kind of racing you like, just get off the **** computer and go and support it somewhere before all we have is the computer to yack about the old times.

5 members like this post: awnunn, Danny Burton, Mud Packer, rachasin, speed bump
7/28/12, 12:09 PM   #36
opnwhlmnd

The entry fee is $300 early and $400 at the gate. If they get 150 cars as some say that's $45,000 which will pay the first and second place purse it then drops off pretty steeply from there.

Pit passes are $35 Wed-Fri and $40 Saturday. The Wed-Fri qualifiers do not pay well at all.

Hard for anyone except the top 5 cars and the promotor to make money at this event.

As for the modified lovers on here there is a modified section of the forum but it doesn't seem to be very popular.

2 members like this post: captrat, dirtracer74
7/28/12, 12:13 PM   #37
Rpracing1

I kind of like it when folks leave after the sprint car feature, as we watch the modifieds run their feature, usually pretty good, and then we just get to drive right out of the parking lot with no back up at all. The guys that left after the sprint feature had to sit in traffic for a half/hour anyway. Keep up the good work.

4 members like this post: awnunn, rataz, smith19, the_77H
7/28/12, 12:23 PM   #38
AP64

Its funny to listen to some of you guys whin about other groups paying a higher purse then what they do for sprint cars. I can't afford to run our midgets or silver crown cars anymore so I went back to racing go karts. Most of the races we run are paying any where from 1,500 to 20,000 to win. Some races are even paying more then that. Are they as exciting as sprint cars, nope. But when you go to a race and have 100 plus entries in one class, it makes it woth it.

Aaron Pollock

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by AP64; 7/28/12 at 12:24 PM.

2 members like this post: Motormasher, SC90
7/28/12, 1:52 PM   #39
ThePurple73

The answer to higher purses lies within quality management and marketing (with some energy and imagination) of a sprint car organization.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: OTSNWR
7/28/12, 2:10 PM   #40
ISF

I have the feeling I should guzzle a glass of stfu sooner rather than later.

I think it's great there are tracks that can successfully run big money races for basically a support division. I too, would like to know why there aren't high dollar purses for wingless sprinters. I, like many of you, was at the Mopar Million several years ago and I gotta' believe Mr. Baltes & Company made money on that deal. To a mere spectator like myself it's a mystery as to why big dollar wingless sprint shows haven't caught on. I'm sure promoters and other insiders can give insight.

That said, for all who love the modified's come on over here to The Land O' Lincoln and crooked politicians. There must be 10,000 of 'em over here racing every week.

We don't whine about 'em (this being the exception) and we definitely don't have our nose in the air, either.

We have 4 dirt tracks within an hour's drive of home and haven't set foot on any one of the 4 in at least 10 years. I have about a dozen or more race fan friends who have drastically cut their race spectating at local tracks, as well. To almost all of us it is simply too much modified's and not enough headliner. You go to a weekly show over here and of the 4+ hours you are in the grandstands about 45 minutes is spent watching the headline division. We make our point with our dollars, or lack thereof.

I'm gonna' take that drink of stfu now.........................

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Another case of "why??"