IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #61 7/16/12 10:24 AM
I didn't see one person Boo the fact that BC got a flat, I seen a lot of Ooohing as in, (Look at that!)

Again, Ive seen a lot of people drive every different kind of line at the Burg but never seen anyone go run where nobody was running with the sheer determination that BC showed last night.

In fact if you see BC right before a race, I see the focus of a racer I haven't seen the like since. RICH VOGLER! Well maybe a silent gasser as well.

Charles Nungester
HEAD (Offline)
  #62 7/16/12 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by DHayes818:
Don't remember which restart it was, maybe the next to last one, but that battle between BC and DD was flat out awesome. Noticed that BC is starting to get the Jeff Gordon treatment as a huge cheer went up when his tire went flat. Does anybody think that he may have scraped the turn 2 wall a time or two and damaged that tire? Right against it every lap.

I think this was more of the fans cheering for Justin getting the lead, not Bryan's misfortune. Just has now won 4 of 5 down there and is becoming quite the crowd favorite.
RacingGirl10 (Offline)
  #63 7/16/12 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by HEAD:
I think this was more of the fans cheering for Justin getting the lead, not Bryan's misfortune. Just has now won 4 of 5 down there and is becoming quite the crowd favorite.

I agree with that. Where I was sitting I heard people cheer for Justin, but didn't seem to be against Bryan at all.

Posted via Mobile Device
TheLip2 (Offline)
  #64 7/16/12 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by Wingman:

Let me state for the record. Taping down of seats continues to be B.S. It continues to be total crap that tracks have allways and continue to allow this...I don't care if it is ISW. I pay my admission like everyone else. If I was a new sprint car fan I don't know if I would come back. Last night the only seats not taped off were the bottom 10 rows and I got there 45 minutes before hot laps.

Posted via Mobile Device
There was room for a few people next to me in Sec A right at the pole line a couple of minutes AFTER hot laps started. If you can't find a good seat at Lawrenceburg then I wish you good luck finding one in Kokomo. The seats in turn 2 are also prime viewing seats and there was plenty of room there. Just saying, there is always something to complain about, and often it is justified, but complaining about a lack of good seats or spots to see a race at The Burg for any reason is absolutely ridiculous.
6 Likes: 3wide, addictedtodirt, Gregg, jim goerge, mowerman, smith19
4wheelsinthekoosh (Offline)
  #65 7/16/12 11:56 AM
Coleman is not old school let's not go that far come on. If if that was me or Ballou or any other driver this site would but wanting our heads and looking for a tall tree and some rope. Throwing your stuff at another driver is chicken Sh17. If that would have been Hewitt 5 bucks says next time around he would have stopped and givin him a good spanking. But fighting is not allowed and if it was like it was in the bob kinser days you would see alot cleaner racing cause there would be so many stupid sliders.

Posted via Mobile Device
8 Likes: clark9c, jim goerge, monkeyboy, Pine, Racer12, RICHCRAFT.SPL, spicoli, team3521
backitin
  #66 7/16/12 12:25 PM
Spoiled, probley. I would consider any kid lucky enough to have a family ride in a top usac division spoiled somewhat. Theres lots of talented people out there that could run good but we'll never know because they havent gotten a break. Luck and circumstance are just as important maybe more so than having outright talent. If given the choice I'd rather be the luckiest s.o.b. then the best. Seems they have the bucks to do what they want, who can rain on that parade ? From everything I have heard about the kid he's deserving of his success, no matter how it came about.
Slydejob (Offline)
  #67 7/16/12 12:29 PM
QUOTE=Wingman;291533]I am surprised that there is no discussion about
Ballou and Jones incident after the heat. I was at the track but did
not see what happened between those two.

I was glad to see Justin get the win. The "right place at the right
time." It has been great to see this young man develop. Well deserved
win.

Let me state for the record. Taping down of seats continues to be B.S.
It continues to be total crap that tracks have allways and continue to
allow this...I don't care if it is ISW. I pay my admission like
everyone else. If I was a new sprint car fan I don't know if I would
come back. Last night the only seats not taped off were the bottom 10
rows and I got there 45 minutes before hot laps.

Anyway, hats off to Justin. Dave another good show Thank You

Posted via Mobile Device[/QUOTE]

I saw the Ballou/Jones deal on the track and the aftermath in the
pits. You want to talk about who made a donkey out of theirselves it's
Mr Jones. After the checkers flew jones turns his car purposefully
into Ballous car - Ballou rolls up alongside him I assume to have
words - Ballou then pulls away then jones AGAIN pulls up to Ballou and
drives over the front end of his car.

Am heading to the pits to help my buddy and Ballou comes through the
pits headed to the USAC trailer when jones begins to scream at the 81
car owner I believe - older guy. Jones is screaming something to the
effect of "how much you want $100 $200 who cares that's nothing" which
didn't make a lot of sense till later.

Then DD/Walker and Ballou I thought was having words but walker is
patting Ballou on the back and shaking hands so it was all good with
them apparently.

Here's where the back story is - apparently DD squeezed a close pass
on Ballou in heat - Ballou made contact with DD rear bumper but got
off the gas right as there was contact - jones had no choice but to
check up also or he would have hit both DD & Ballou. Apparently this
move cost jones the heat transfer which was why after the checkers he
decided to use his car to hit Ballou twice.

Word is USAC will be fining jones $200 for his actions - which is why
jones was screaming who cares $100 $200 that's nothing.

What a crock - you got one guy by the balls for 6 race probation for
something that happened under green flag racing - then you got a guy
who runs over another car after the checkers twice and he gets a fine
that's less than the cost of a right rear? Something smells bad
here.......

Not to mention jones letting everyone know $ ain't no problem for them
what's $200 to TSR? So here's what I got to say - I don't like spoiled
rich race teams acting like they can do whatever because they got deep
pockets. So to any budget driver that gets hosed by jones for the
remainder of sprint week and wants to hit the # 20 with their car
after the checkers I'll pay your $200 fine just send me a PM

Thanks Jimmy
33 Likes: addictedtodirt, bandres21, bighd0522, clark9c, Clydesdale, dusty tracks, i love dirt track racing, Jerry Shaw, jerrythar500, jim goerge, kawkaw2, mod4s, monkeyboy, mowerman, Mud Packer, oppweld, Pine, racefan20, Racer12, RICHCRAFT.SPL, ronmil, scott bradley1x, spicoli, sprintcar#31, sprintgal, Stocko23, team3521, TNRustler, TQ97, wilkey118, Wingman
PJ Wright (Offline)
  #68 7/16/12 1:26 PM
I like Coleman AND Chase. Young hard chargers who are dedicated and determined describes them both. I have no doubt that they will settle this between themselves and move on long before some fans will.
5 Likes: 3wide, Danny Burton, Drtchsr, Mud Packer, Stocko23
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #69 7/16/12 2:35 PM
I just don't understand that when these guys throw their steering wheel, why they throw it overhanded? Throw it like a Frisbee! You get much more wind-up, speed, and the accuracy is improved. And, depending on side panel configurations, it also fits the cockpit opening better. Come on guys, use some common sense when doing this. If your going to do this, make it worth your while! Don't expend the energy for a wasted shot! Just a little tidbit for the day!
9 Likes: Claybird33, cshuman, DWX 9929, jim goerge, opnwhlmnd, Racer12, ronmil, ShaneMugavin57, Speedracer
c47 (Offline)
  #70 7/16/12 3:18 PM
what if it was ballou that threw the steering wheel?
or tyler walker yelling at the officials?
dont get me wrong....i LOVE when things get emotional....100% old school and nothing is going to change my way of looking at it.
just be fair when its time to sit a driver or drivers down and have a chat......everyone should be treated, or not treated, the same.
3 Likes: sprintgal, TNRustler, Xflagman
Closed Thread