IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
sprntr (Offline)
  #91 7/14/12 2:20 PM
Originally Posted by OLDMIKE:
You are really old school when you can remember when the minnesota state fair grounds track was 1/2 mile dirt.
No, you are REALLY old school if you remember the Minnesota State Fairgrounds Dirt Mile & 5/8 mile dirt track that shared the front stretch.

http://collections.mnhs.org/visualre...archType=Basic

steiny
Tim Bookmiller (Offline)
  #92 7/14/12 5:25 PM
You ARE from the old school if you remember Indiana Tri Track series
cdbrods (Offline)
  #93 7/14/12 7:16 PM
Originally Posted by backitin:
No doubt your old school if you have two main tool's, a torch and a big hammer and your torch aint worked in a while.
I remember all those things, and the fastest started in the rear to make a better race, except for sand bagging ,or qualifing with a plug wire off,or your car jumped out of gear because the gear box problem,or your ross or flynn steering was having a problem,and you had a tee shirt on as your race uniform
ossuks (Offline)
  #94 7/14/12 8:05 PM
You might be "old school" if you remember:
-Dayton Speedway
-If you had 7 different colors of arm bands in your glove compartment
-Sprint Car Pictorial
-Calcuta (spelling?) at THAT
- "He's a full time racer" Terry Baltes on the PA at Eldora
-When USAC was respected and had a passion for their sport
-Sunday night at Angel Park
-Poker games at Salem
-My all time best friend Bob Fine
-When drivers and teams stayed after the races to spend time with the fans
-When race cars had names, example, Elder Cadalac, Rodeo Bar, Smith Speed Shop, Coyote, ect..
-Great Leaders Like: Gary Sacola, Mike Devin, Roger McClusky, John Capels, Russ Clendenon
-"THANK YOU FOR CALLING USAC"
-When you could trust a friend and your word defined you as a man
backitin
  #95 7/14/12 10:14 PM
If you had a beer keg for a fuel cell and you were high tech, yep old school. If you can still remember Jan Opp's smiling face under his brothers hat and the hate most of the local drivers had for the "hippy", the coolest driver I've ever met, your OS.
billwill (Offline)
  #96 7/15/12 9:16 AM
You might be old school if you remember Johnny Slawson flag a midget race.
bus man (Offline)
  #97 7/15/12 11:26 AM
I must be old school because I raced at Little Springfield, used a tractor tank for fuel tank on my first racecar, towed my racecar on my wrecker, Kyle Clearwaters
boomer (Offline)
  #98 7/15/12 4:28 PM
Old school, SPRINGER FRONT.
1121 (Offline)
  #99 7/15/12 11:50 PM
You might be old school if you used to complain about racing by writing a letter to Speed Sport News rather then posting on a message board.

Tom Paterson
Keith Ford (Offline)
  #100 7/16/12 11:13 AM
You are old school if you remember Big Bertha, and Karl Kinsers used car lot in Oolitc