IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Clayton
7/12/12, 7:36 PM   #11
Re: Clayton
Jerry Spencer

That is why the 66j will be safe and sound parked in the garage.

Jerry #66j
stida.com

3 members like this post: #1Brad Kuhn Fan, speed bump, wvwildthg
7/12/12, 8:18 PM   #12
racephoto1

The way things seem here, I wonder what the draw would've been if North Vernon had a $3000 to $5000 to win show Monday or Tuesday. Would've been fun to see what locals would've shown up.

1 member likes this post: randy j
7/12/12, 8:22 PM   #13
ossuks

So, if Clayton would make all 7 races, that is -$700/ Est.$300 for entry fees, that is $1,000 dollars?????? AND THAT IS JUST ONE CAR!!!! The more things KM does to meet his MILLION DOLLAR (that $1,000,000 is not a made up number) payroll, the happier I am retired , this is another situation I would have to try and defend that is poor business. That guy must wear safety shoes
Last edited by ossuks; 7/12/12 at 8:26 PM.

7/12/12, 9:38 PM   #14
DbSr

Quote:
Originally Posted by racephoto1 View Post
-$100, slap the locals again. Remember USAC, you need them more then they need you, for no locals means no show.

Why cut the purse for the locals, just up the money for the regular USAC driver. Seems a lot more logical to me.

Also , you can't say it doesn't effect car counts, Daron Clayton just proved that.

And yet we (including us) as fans continue to support this by flocking like lemmings to any usac event...Yet another microcosm example on why things will never change in this county

1 member likes this post: racephoto1
7/12/12, 9:57 PM   #15
17B

Mr. Clayton
How about Clay County Speedway, sprints every Sat. come give it a shot,
you may just like it!
www.claycountyspeedway.net
Kevin

7/12/12, 10:03 PM   #16
mscs20

Daron said today he will be going to Farmer City tomorrow, and Flora on Sat.

7/12/12, 11:18 PM   #17
Clydesdale

Didn't USAC up their purse this year to guarantee $5,000 to win and $500 to start? So what if they require you to be a member, shouldn't there be extra perks for those members? The -$100 deal was stated on all of the entry forms. If you go to the USAC website, there is a link which clearly states that fact, it doesn't look to me like they are trying to hide anything from anybody. If I recall last year, looking at some of the entry forms I don't think all the races paid $500 to start, so they did up the start money. Plus, doesn't USAC have an incentive program if you're in the top 10 in points, with free pit passes and upped purse money, ect? The $400 start money is still better than going to run a local show, which may only pay $150-$200 to start.

4 members like this post: Jbaldwin, jjones776, Koonzee, RacingGirl10
7/13/12, 6:49 AM   #18
kstudley57

You still get the tow money but between one crew, driver, and temporary permit entry I'm usually giving them $100-$120 to get $100 tow. Chinese math major not needed to figure that one out. Local guy who sucks like me knows it's a loss of a couple hundred a night going in, having said that, I'll still be there caboosing the field with a big smile.

Posted via Mobile Device

5 members like this post: dave, farriswheel, Koonzee, Morin Racing 98
7/13/12, 7:57 AM   #19
racephoto1

I just wonder where the money goes when you take the $100. Does the promotor who takes ALL the financial risk get the money back, or does it end up on 16th street ?

It seems to me if you put up the purse money, and some purse money doesn't get paid, the promotor should get the money.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, sprintgal
7/13/12, 9:01 AM   #20
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshuman View Post
Unfortunately most if not all found out about this $100 cut weeks later when they received their check.. Seemed like this, along with alot of other things just sneak up and are never really made public knowledge. Another example would be the point fund, which im not sure it has even been announced yet, and it is now July? But that's a whole different topic to get into. My question would be that every sprint week venue agrees to the same purse, $22,450, but if say 10 non members make a show.. Does USAC give the promoter $1,000 back at the end of the night??

Posted via Mobile Device
So, who must be a member - the car owner, driver, or both?

Tim Simmons

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Clayton