Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > LPS track conditions
7/1/12, 7:13 PM   #31
Re: LPS track conditions
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by don 65s View Post
i think that would be great. (sprints & midgets) maybe they should do it on thursday nights and when they get the stands the rest of the way full move it to saturday nights. The sprint cars (fans also) have done a great job supporting lps on thursday nights. ....im sure paragon wouldn't mind if lps drops the support classes. They are already getting more of the sprints. Add the support classes from lps and keith would be pretty happy. I don't think lps will have to worry about about making most of the support classes happy this coming weekend. A lot are going to brownstown.
don,with all respect you know that is a lot of bull.you got guys & gals that can just can barely afford to get to lps much less tow all the way to brownstown.if so good luck

7/1/12, 7:40 PM   #32
Don 65s

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHORTBUS View Post
don,with all respect you know that is a lot of bull.you got guys & gals that can just can barely afford to get to lps much less tow all the way to brownstown.if so good luck
Bill, plans are going to Bloomington on Friday. If all goes well we are going to brownstown on saturday.
Sportsman cars that i think will be at brownstown that was at lps (LPS had 19) 13, 1c ,1g 65s, 0cooper that's 5 Im pretty sure more. lps might get 12 to 15
Mods 78c, 7lex, 27a 10ns 2brock d48 32 thats 7 (31 Craig junk 5L might be hurt pretty bad.) maybe more (LPS had 19) = 10 cars Its not had to do the math.
With the way the track was and the payout i don't think they will be at LPS. Brownstown pays the same for both classes. $600.00 to win

1 member likes this post: MisQuestioned000
7/1/12, 9:57 PM   #33
dirtmod15

first couple of nights had smooth black slick conditions and alot of 3 and 4 wide racing, slide jobs everywhere and IMO was great racing in all classes. It was dusty but it is a dirt track and if people dont like the dust they need to go to a pavement race to stay clean. When its all mudded up like it has been the last couple of races there is alot more cars torn up and the track gets rough and the tempers start then people complain and fight. I support Joe and crew 100% but at this time I must honestly say I cant see myself, along with others I'm sure, to take my car there and race in slime/mud and just follow the leader....done that many times and its not fun and hard on equipment. When its not fun then the drivers and fans will not go and maybe even try someplace new and LPS has a super set up as far as location and facilities which makes it even more of a shame. We all know LPS cant please everyone....and it appears that MOST sprints ( and fans ) want a foot cushion that is hammer down while others just want a surface that can be passed on. Just because mods, super stocks, and bombers are a " support class " doesnt mean guys and gals dont put alot of money, sweat, and tears into their equipment as a main class does. From a fan perspective I didnt care for lastnights surface due to lack of passing in all heats and the feature for the support classes....JMO on the entire situation.

7/1/12, 10:00 PM   #34
Hotshoe65s

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtmod15 View Post
first couple of nights had smooth black slick conditions and alot of 3 and 4 wide racing, slide jobs everywhere and IMO was great racing in all classes. It was dusty but it is a dirt track and if people dont like the dust they need to go to a pavement race to stay clean. When its all mudded up like it has been the last couple of races there is alot more cars torn up and the track gets rough and the tempers start then people complain and fight. I support Joe and crew 100% but at this time I must honestly say I cant see myself, along with others I'm sure, to take my car there and race in slime/mud and just follow the leader....done that many times and its not fun and hard on equipment. When its not fun then the drivers and fans will not go and maybe even try someplace new and LPS has a super set up as far as location and facilities which makes it even more of a shame. We all know LPS cant please everyone....and it appears that MOST sprints ( and fans ) want a foot cushion that is hammer down while others just want a surface that can be passed on. Just because mods, super stocks, and bombers are a " support class " doesnt mean guys and gals dont put alot of money, sweat, and tears into their equipment as a main class does. From a fan perspective I didnt care for lastnights surface due to lack of passing in all heats and the feature for the support classes....JMO on the entire situation.
Very well said

Posted via Mobile Device

7/1/12, 10:26 PM   #35
racephoto1

I've learned only one thing on this thread, you can't make everybody happy.

7/2/12, 12:25 PM   #36
ThrowbackRacingTeam

It's pretty bad when the only way to have good racing is for it to be dry slick. This goes for sprint cars too. Tacky and smooth leads to bad racing. Tacky and a little rough or dry slick leads to good racing. I prefer to watch tacky and a little rough but not so rough it tears up the cars. A perfect example is the recent USAC sprint races in Wisconsin. Wilmot was tacky and had a few ruts and from what I heard the racing was great. I was at Sun Prairie the next night where it was tacky and smooth and the racing pretty much sucked, hardly any passing. If i had a track I would mix it up so it's not always the same but no matter how you do it someone won't like it.

7/3/12, 7:24 AM   #37
David Perry

I've enjoyed dirt raceing all my life, more years than I want to admit. Ever since the beggining tracks have gone from one extreme to another during a race. Water it down, throw the mud off, run till it's dust, repeat. Why hasn't some rocket scientist ( not me for sure) come up with a system of ,underground high pressure water lines, combinded with underground ventilation lines, that can maintain a consistant moisture throughout the whole event, that will accomodate all classes, and be repeatable week after week.

There's got to be a better way than just watering it down and hope it holds. Maybe it's the expense, maybe it's impossible, I don't know, but I would hate to see my favorite sport die off.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > LPS track conditions