IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
GFMMInc (Offline)
  #1 6/29/12 10:24 AM
I know Gas City has cancelled due to heat. Just wondering if Btown is still a go for tonight?
Al Pierce (Offline)
  #2 6/29/12 11:36 AM
I think most tracks make those decisions by 2 or 3 PM. Some earlier if the situation is obvious. I'm an hour and a piece away from Bloomington and plan to attend if they run, but I would not be surprised if they cancel out. A nice feature some tracks have is the text alert for cancellations or in some cases, affirmations that they are running. If you have texting on your mobile phone, both LPS and Gas City have that feature (see their websites), although Gas City obviously had a problem with their texting system on tonight's cancellation.
TQ29m (Offline)
  #3 6/29/12 11:39 AM
Website says NO RACING June 30, could that mean what it says? Bob! Oops, sorry, you mean't Bton, not Btown!

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
Diggsy (Offline)
  #4 6/29/12 11:40 AM
On their Facebook page they keep posting that they're racing tonight and are still doing the fireworks despite the burn ban. The most recent post by the track was 15 hours ago, so...
wildman92 (Offline)
  #5 6/29/12 11:48 AM
Their website doesn't say they are cancelled. Their FB page said they are taking extra precautions (extra fire and emergency personnel, extra water truck, etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jen Kelley (she/her)
mowerman (Offline)
  #6 6/29/12 11:58 AM
We're at bloomington now . they're watering the track . A couple rigs in line .
2 Likes: Drtchsr, SteveD
Team T (Offline)
  #7 6/29/12 12:46 PM
Bloomington Speedway IS racing tonight. We have sprint cars, super stocks, mods and hornets. We WILL be having fireworks. There is a county wide burn ban. We have final approval from the fire marshall's office to proceed as planned. We have taken extra precautions to keep everyone safe and comfortable. Come and join us for a great night of racing and awesome fireworks!
Lisa
Bloomington Speedway

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

Yes we are still racing at Bloomington
2 Likes: Dirtfan, SteveD
bigq11 (Offline)
  #8 6/29/12 1:13 PM
Originally Posted by mowerman:
We're at bloomington now . they're watering the track . A couple rigs in line .
Hope you're not a jinx. The track has been good the last 2 weeks, but you know how your luck runs here.
ronmil (Offline)
  #9 6/29/12 2:37 PM
I'm really having mixed feelings about coming. I know the fireworks are awesome and there will be a huge crowd, but if I do drag myself up there, I'm going to be a late arrival.

Ron Miller
SHORTBUS (Offline)
  #10 6/29/12 2:40 PM
Originally Posted by ronmil:
I'm really having mixed feelings about coming. I know the fireworks are awesome and there will be a huge crowd, but if I do drag myself up there, I'm going to be a late arrival.
Ron,
Thats not anything new is it ??