IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
dusty tracks (Offline)
  #11 6/24/12 10:27 PM
butler and ballou r like clones!!!
ICANCU (Offline)
  #12 6/24/12 10:35 PM
No offense to Robert but, he's no Steve Butler!!!

Posted via Mobile Device
2 Likes: DirtyD
monkeyboy (Offline)
  #13 6/24/12 11:06 PM
What about peter cozzolino? My question is who and how much do you pay to sway a few calls your way?

Posted via Mobile Device
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #14 6/24/12 11:17 PM
Ask Danny Drinan about judgement calls.As for USAC and judgement calls, ask Ignite about USAC's judgement in spending the $350K USAC got from them. I'm sure Ignite really respects their judgement at the present time.
4 Likes: interpreter66, ossuks, Pat O'Connor Fan, team3521
RGraves (Offline)
  #15 6/24/12 11:58 PM
Racing accidents do happen and since I wasn't there I won't even begin to speculate whether this was one intentional or not. We all know that Robert has earned himself a reputation in the past of driving like a "madman", and his off/on tracks antics have probably cost him alot of respect of drivers and fans alike.

Having said that, it seems that he has calmed down alot in the past couple of seasons, gotten married, and is working hard on and off the track to make ends meet. Robert is a joy to watch race on the 1/2 miles. Hopefully this blows over.

I remember Shuman wadded up the Hoffman car while attemping a banzai move at Bloomington. He may or may not have gotten a talkin to. Don't know, wasn't there either...
Jerry Spencer (Offline)
  #16 6/25/12 1:28 AM
What a nice night it is.

Jerry
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #17 6/25/12 3:21 AM
They did it to Kevin Thomas and cost him a championship to Tony Elliott.

Posted via Mobile Device
2 Likes: curbservice, SteveD
leonhaupt (Offline)
  #18 6/25/12 3:30 AM
They have only 800 people a night at there shows. Nascar have a 100000 and more. Why does this "usac" got everybody by the balls???not even good purses...
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #19 6/25/12 7:07 AM
Originally Posted by VSneader2:
They have what 18 cars at Angel Park tonight.
I would say that is more than any other series would bring. I was at Osky a couple of years ago and the all stars only brought 2 cars out of their top 20. MSCS had less than that at Terre Haute and only had 21 at their home track at Haubstadt. I wish some of these people would go to a couple of races instead of sitting on the computer looking for things to complain about.

---------- Post added at 7:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 6:28 AM ----------

Originally Posted by treecitytornado:
They did it to Kevin Thomas and cost him a championship to Tony Elliott.

Posted via Mobile Device
I consider myself friends with both of those guys. I do not consider this a real good comparison.
7 Likes: interpreter66, jim goerge, RacingGirl10, Seadog, short track scott, TBONE
VSneader2 (Offline)
  #20 6/25/12 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
. I wish some of these people would go to a couple of races instead of sitting on the computer looking for things to complain about.
If that is directed at me. I try to make all the shows I can. Its hard when you have newborn twins at home and are away from the United States for work 6 months out of the year.