IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MSCS Sprints at Haubstadt Sunday
6/14/12, 1:26 AM   #1
MSCS Sprints at Haubstadt Sunday
ClaytonYeley

Looking forward to a great weekend of racing. Who will be at TSS Sunday?

6/15/12, 11:54 AM   #2
ekohl23

Wouldn't miss it

Posted via Mobile Device

6/16/12, 3:08 AM   #3
Re: MSCS Sprints at Haubstadt Sunday
David Lynch

I will make the 20 minute drive. Bring your food & coolers in the grandstands & and have fun

2 members like this post: rdzsprint, SteveD
6/16/12, 9:05 AM   #4
coachmeece

Just was by track tommy was making laps pouring water to it woohooo

Posted via Mobile Device

6/16/12, 11:26 AM   #5
rdzsprint

Best prepared track in the state, maybe the country. Ascot Park in Gardena and Perris Auto Speedway both in California are the only ones I've been to that compare. Tommy Helfrich works his magic on that track and knows how to use a water truck. I wish he handled the track prep for Eldora and Terre Haute. The people at the gates are friendly and there are no shakedowns or strong arm gestapo tatics. Fans are treated with respect, coolers are always welcome, and the entire facility is neatly kept and clean. I'll definitely be there.

There's a reason it's called "The Class Track".

4 members like this post: Dirtfan, DWX 9929, ekohl23, luckybuc97
6/16/12, 11:31 AM   #6
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

im gettin my popcorn ready. this thread could get good

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: bmemmer, dirtnonwingfan, reeserx
6/16/12, 12:12 PM   #7
Jerry Shaw

The funny part about these disputes about the track in the south -vs- the track up north is is that the Helfrichs and the O'Connors like one another and have a good relationship. And they ought to, they have a couple of very big things in common. Each runs one of the top dirt tracks in the country. And each (Tom and Reese) has a PhD in preparing a badass racing surface. These things are always started when some fan of one or the other takes a shot at the rival track, because they aren't articulate enough to come up with the words to describe what they love about their track or what a great race they just saw there. Which is sad, because when we're talking about each of these places, that's not exactly a tough thing to do.

It goes both ways and I wish it would just stop.

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 6/16/12 at 12:20 PM.

6/16/12, 4:38 PM   #8
jim goerge

Jerry Very well put. Both trucks have great prep work done and it shows at every race. I go to Haubstadt every time cuz great racing and its ten miles away vs. a 5 hour drive. Sometimes I do make that drive and love the action at Kokomo. but its just the drive and I know a lot of people up there would come to Haubstadt too but for that same drive I wish everyone wold stop this bs bout this tracks better than that one. If I was a first timer to this site I;d be turned off by all the ********. Wish people would just lay off all tracks and just attend a track by you and enjoy the races

6/16/12, 5:55 PM   #9
Rpracing1

Not a better way to spend Fathers Day.

1 member likes this post:
6/17/12, 7:09 PM   #10
Slider812
Banned

Looks like 20 or 21 sprints. Some big names. Ballou, Short, Hunter, Stockton, Stanbrough, Cummings, Fitz brothers, Hendrix, just to name some. Plus some good Modified driver here also. Gonna be a great night of racing

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MSCS Sprints at Haubstadt Sunday