6/10/12, 3:13 PM   #11
Re: USAC @ Port Royal
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by i love dirt track racing View Post
were was the # 14 iceman at tonight
I don't know for certain but he flipped out of the park one night and another night him and Darland flipped.

Best guess is heading home to try to put a car together. Bummer.

6/10/12, 3:31 PM   #12
dustbowl

New year same story really, Grandview was good, as it has been the last few years, Big Diamond and Port Royal were packed harder than concrete and dust bowls. New Egypt was a greasy slime fest until the feature and still holds the title of rudest (and most ignorant) track officials in the country. Totally unproffessional there. It is like being in a super max prison and the racers are the inmates. Not sure why any series would schedule a race there, it wouldnt matter to me what they offered to pay. Track officials there constantly scream at, curse at, and harass competitors. Racing is supposed to be enjoyable, there its complete misery. Track officials also expected the full pit area to leave the pits and stand in a mile long line (while not ready to give out pit passes) in a complete downpour. Also felt wheel packing wasnt necessary even though it poured for a solid 20 minutes. Big Diamond wasnt much better in terms of staff as there guys were going through coolers, trailers, and toters without or asking or even letting anyone know while people were ran out of pits to get passes and items were taken without anyones knowledge. And dont go near the track to look at the surface in the afternoon even when a car has not hardly been unloaded you will be sure to be screamed at and charged at with a truck. Port Royals track prep wasnt any good way too hard packed but at least the staff there was very polite and acted like they actually enjoyed racing.

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by dustbowl; 6/10/12 at 3:35 PM.

6/10/12, 3:51 PM   #13
scott moyer

That's jersey for ya, yes they have a big problem with yelling and rudeness here,
Port Royal area is the way the whole state was at one time extra friendly.
Grand View hasn't updated nothing in 40 years, Big Diamond forget about it.
New Egypt it's jersey everyone has a rotten disposition, and too many state laws.
Now for next year, even though USAC got a bad track at Lincoln hmm that's defiantly the best
Surface week in and week out. Williams Grove the Crown Jewel a beautiful place, Ports a mess but the new management
Is doing everything they can to bring it back, Selingsgrove grove super super fast but dusty.
Next years eastern storm keep it in central Pa and maybe Grandview.

1 member likes this post: dustbowl
6/11/12, 1:36 AM   #14
jerseysprintnut

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 17

Hey, I dont yell or am I rude to anyone but Pine and Aero!!! LOL
Later, "JERSEY"Sprintnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott moyer View Post
That's jersey for ya, yes they have a big problem with yelling and rudeness here,
Port Royal area is the way the whole state was at one time extra friendly.
Grand View hasn't updated nothing in 40 years, Big Diamond forget about it.
New Egypt it's jersey everyone has a rotten disposition, and too many state laws.
Now for next year, even though USAC got a bad track at Lincoln hmm that's defiantly the best
Surface week in and week out. Williams Grove the Crown Jewel a beautiful place, Ports a mess but the new management
Is doing everything they can to bring it back, Selingsgrove grove super super fast but dusty.
Next years eastern storm keep it in central Pa and maybe Grandview.

---------- Post added at 1:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 1:31 AM ----------

PS--from my last reply--Ya Bastards!!! LMAO

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC @ Port Royal