IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eastern Storm
5/9/12, 10:22 AM   #11
Re: Eastern Storm
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

I've got a post up on the Grove forum to see what locals will run with USAC. Still a bit miffed that Lincoln's not on the schedule! I'll only get to Port Royal this year, but that should be an awesome show!

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:36 AM ----------

Kyle Moody is confirmed in the 175 Sprinter for all but the Lernerville race.

5/9/12, 10:27 AM   #12
darnall

I would love to see Steve Buckwalter run the USAC shows out east....he has a good 410 ride, kicks serious butt in the midget, and will probably already be on hand when ARDC is also on the card....

5/29/12, 12:55 PM   #13
hoosierboy05

bump

5/29/12, 12:59 PM   #14
berks co

Mark Smith has been running wing less in Indiana for the last 2 weeks so I'm sure he will race. Marks is a ?? at this point. URC rookie Dan Mazy told me his wants to run all 4 eastern races. My ???? is who, what drivers from Indiana and beyond are comming east??

5/29/12, 2:19 PM   #15
backitin

I love it ! under location, dreaming of a wingless PA, me too.

2 members like this post: hoosierboy05, wvwildthg
5/29/12, 5:14 PM   #16
hoosierboy05

Quote:
Originally Posted by backitin View Post
I love it ! under location, dreaming of a wingless PA, me too.
We can only hope that some day that will happen.

5/29/12, 6:03 PM   #17
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE

Dan you know there regs will be out there Stanbrough, Gardner, Darland, Ballou, East, Hines, Windom, Hunter, Clauson,Shuman, Hoffman Car, Gulick, Thomas Jr., Stockon, & others, You'll get some of Indiana's finest for a week, I mean USAC's finest haha, Don't know if Coons or Wes Mac are going to make it out, I know Wes Mac is running the WOO show @Kokomo that Tuesday....Come on Berks Co get with it

5/29/12, 6:15 PM   #18
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvwildthg View Post
eastern sprinkle is more like it..... 4 races spread that far apart ...what a joke...think USAC could have put something a lil better together
I don't think the tracks want them. That is why I quit going out there. The fans are great but I think the tracks are afraid people might like what they see.

5/29/12, 9:41 PM   #19
njtraveler

It's just not a question of the local's just "shedding" the wing and running. Quite a few changes have to be done to the car mechanically as well as purchasing different parts for the car that are not utilized in the teams normal wing operation. These include longer front axles, different wheel offsets, torsion bars, sway bar option, completely different tires, and even shock packages. Easily over two thousand bucks invested to run a couple of races, where in which the guys who don't make the proper changes usually end up upside down in the fence during qualifying.

5/29/12, 10:56 PM   #20
CTtoPA

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 4

If promoters actually promoted these days they would help out some local guys with the expense. Brian Montieth helped pack Lincoln two years ago by "taking off the wing".

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eastern Storm