IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 64th Payless "Little 500"!!..Going?..Entered?..
5/15/12, 2:22 PM   #1
64th Payless "Little 500"!!..Going?..Entered?..
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Who's ur top 3 picks in this years 64th running in Anderson,on Sat. May 26th!!...good luck to all entrents in a safe n' exciting event!!!!..not go'n..will b @ Canyon...entries:http://www.andersonspeedway.com/schedule.htm
1.Tony Hunt
2.Tony Elliott
3.Shane Cottle
Last edited by AustinSprinter; 5/16/12 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Additional comment!!....

1 member likes this post: speed bump
5/15/12, 5:16 PM   #2
Re: 64th Payless "Little 500"!!..Going?..Entered?.
mortboyz

Going.....

6 members like this post: Augie, AustinSprinter, BrentTFunk, Danny Burton, Koonzee, monkeyboy
5/15/12, 5:53 PM   #3
IndyBound

1. Eric Gordon
2. Jacob Wilson
3. Chet Fillip

I hope to be there for my 1st Little 500, need to see what my Doctor has to say before I can head for the mid-west. Are you headed to Anderson area Brucer?

1 member likes this post: AustinSprinter
5/15/12, 6:28 PM   #4
McInturff Racing

If my car isn't back together and running right I will be making the trip out to see the Little 500. Already planning on THAT Thursday, fairgrounds on Friday and have my tickets to watch the 500 Mile Classic so I can see BC bring home a win for us open wheel folks. Saturday is the only day still up in the air. Subconsciously I think part of me wants my car to NOT be ready so I can experience my first Little 500.

2 members like this post: AustinSprinter, speed bump
5/15/12, 7:50 PM   #5
Stealth87

Troy DeCaire will be running as well... and will be in a top dollar car this year. He is going to end up being a really fun one to watch.

2 members like this post: AustinSprinter, IndyBound
5/15/12, 11:06 PM   #6
9racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth87 View Post
Troy DeCaire will be running as well... and will be in a top dollar car this year. He is going to end up being a really fun one to watch.
hes been in a "top dollar car" before at the little 5..

4 members like this post: AustinSprinter, BAsprintcar, interpreter66, speed bump
5/16/12, 8:30 AM   #7

Alright I have 4 favorits in no particular order:

2 Eric Gordon
14 Scot Pierovich
20 Shane Hollingsworth
44 Brian Tyler

2 Old guys are my Dark Horses
77 Chet Fillips
5 Tony Elliot

Ken Pierson owner of the yellow 14 will get a win soon. That team comes loaded for bear every year. I think Lady Luck will swing there way very soon. Hard to pick against Willson, he is always very fast. He has also had some good runs in the Florida version of this race. Just at Anderson he seems to be running in the top 5 or 10 when bad luck finds him. Also I will be the first to say, If Dave Steele enters this race late, he becomes my #1 favorite to win. Sure he will be at Indy that night coaching.

5/16/12, 9:10 AM   #8
Koonzee

Top 3 Picks
Asha
Shirley
Monkeyboy

Oh ,to win ? Tony Elliot all the way!

Posted via Mobile Device

5/16/12, 11:17 AM   #9
mortboyz

5/16/12, 1:02 PM   #10
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

I plan on being in our seats high up in turn 4 for my 38th Little 500. I certainly wouldn't bet again Eric Gordon taking his 10th checkered flag as the winner this year. The man absolutely owns this race. There are a number of others that can certainly derail those plans though.

Past champions like Brian Tyler, Shane Cottle and Chet Fillip all have what it takes to pick up their second championship. Veterans like Aaron Pierce, Brian Gerster, Jimmy McCune, Tony Elliott and Shane Hollingsworth sit waiting to grab that first place trophy.

Youngsters like Jacob Wilson and Donny Adams Jr. have proven they to can compete for that coveted crown. A few names not on the entry list at this time include past champions Jeff Bloom, David Steele and Chris Windom. If they do indeed enter, they can also be counted on to provide quality competition.

This race is unlike most others in that it takes a combination of both patience and aggressive driving. If you are too patient, you fall out of the mix while driving too aggressively you fall victim to bad luck. Luck indeed has a huge part in determining the winner. With mandatory pit stops on tap, a well timed stop can certainly work in your favor. Pit at the wrong time and the window of opportunity slams shut.

Luck also plays into the mix as accidents and mechanical failures jump up and bite you. You may be well on your way to a great finish only to be caught up in someone else's misfortune or mechanical gremlins can end your night early. That little $5 part can sideline even the best equipment on raceday.

With all that being said, who will win the 64th rendition of the "Greatest Short Track Race in the World"? I am going to go with a dark horse this year. I think Ryan Litt will put the 07 in victory lane on Saturday night the 26th.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 64th Payless "Little 500"!!..Going?..Entered?..