IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
HardyBoysRacing (Offline)
  #1 2/14/12 2:40 PM
My dad just recently purchased a sprint car built by Jack Steck for Grant King. This car was supposedly driven by Sheldon Kinser and Rich Vogler but is also said to be one of two cars. I'm trying to find any pictures or information on this car it would be of great help because we are trying to restore it back to original. If you have any pictures or info please post it on here or write me at GregHar23@yahoo.com. Thanks!

Posted via Mobile Device
smith19 (Offline)
  #2 2/22/12 12:03 AM
vogler drove for ben leyba (74) and jack steck worker on the car and may have built this car. 1977-1978.??

CHRIS SMITH
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #3 2/22/12 12:13 AM
Are you talking about the black #3 Sprinter? If so, I have pictures, both Winged and Non-Wing.

J.T.

Posted via Mobile Device
racer5c (Offline)
  #4 2/22/12 2:00 AM
I'm kinda confused? I don't think Grant would have had anyone build HIM a car???
smith19 (Offline)
  #5 2/25/12 10:31 PM
yea king always built their own cars, i thought. the steck car was #74.

CHRIS SMITH
  #6 2/26/12 10:21 PM
I was just updated that it was built for Leyba. It may have been the #3 or the #74. We aren't sure because its hard to know which was which other than at one time it was a Ben's tire sprinter and was black at one point. Please help!!

Posted via Mobile Device
Rob Caho (Offline)
  #7 2/28/12 9:03 PM
This car was built by Jack Steck and was the Black #2 Ben's tire clinic car.
  #8 10/2/12 11:07 PM
Hi, just wondering but you responded to a post about a Sheldon Kinser car built by Jack Stevk. If you have any photos they would be greatly appreciated in the restoration!

Posted via Mobile Device
  #9 10/9/12 2:30 PM
This was the Bens Tire sprint built by jack steck and was ran as the #2, 3, and 74. If anyone has any pictures I am still in search of any just for the restoration! Please help!

Posted via Mobile Device
whit2
  #10 1/28/13 9:35 PM
I remember seeing the Ben's Tire Clinc #2 (Black in color) race at several tracks. Winchester several times. It was always well prepared and a pretty car, as well as fast. Bill Holder will probably have photos as he was usually at Winchester. If not, he will know where to direct you. John Mahoney shot lots of pic's at Eldora and Winchester as well. Good luck with the research and restoration project.