IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paragon Speedway Sunday shows
2/24/12, 10:59 PM   #31
Re: Paragon Speedway Sunday shows
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

First, thanks for asking. Seldom do promoters solicit input from fans before they do something. I am sure that many of us welcome the opportunity. I think the fact that there are no negative comments in this thread shows our appreciation.

Dirtfan07 mentioned Farmer City. I think that the only date when Kokomo doesn't have a date but Farmer City does is July 22, the "Terminator". I believe it has been stated elsewhere on here they may add some more dates, but right now it looks like there are a lot of Sundays where there is no conflict with either Kokomo or Farmer City.

Look like a good idea. Go for it.

1 member likes this post: PJ Wright
2/24/12, 11:56 PM   #32
SamSr32

You people that are worried about conflict with Kokomo, WHO CARES! Paragon is not close to Kokomo and can do well on Sundays for us that can support Paragon. Nice thought Kieth.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, dirt330, spicoli
2/25/12, 8:36 AM   #33
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSr1 View Post
You people that are worried about conflict with Kokomo, WHO CARES! Paragon is not close to Kokomo and can do well on Sundays for us that can support Paragon. Nice thought Kieth.
Not worried at all about Kokomo. Just stating that the opportunity exists to be the only show around on those dates. For me, Kokomo will always be the first choice while others will chose Paragon. If there isn't a choice, we will be at Paragon.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

2/25/12, 1:16 PM   #34
dirtracerrob

depends on what classes your gonna run on sunday and if your gonna run on the saturday of the same weekend.

2/25/12, 1:54 PM   #35
wolfracer69

why not do away with sat shows and go sun only it would be like bloomington and gas city far apart no conflickt i would go on sun don't go to kokomo because of drive
Last edited by wolfracer69; 2/25/12 at 1:57 PM.

1 member likes this post: dusty tracks
2/25/12, 2:39 PM   #36
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Pierce View Post
I count 16 of the 27 Sundays from April thru September when Kokomo is NOT running. It would seem that Paragon could schedule a few of those available Sundays and not affect each other.
Especially the one at the end of SprintWeek. We'll gladly stay over an extra day for that.

2/25/12, 4:27 PM   #37
MCCLARA45M

I think it would work, but also agree ya have to get a quick show so we can get up monday morning for work. If ya do the U.M.P. sanction deal you could get the guys that run for u.m.p. points to come there if ya run modifieds, street stocks and sprints. Just something to think about. I would love to race at paragon, keep us updated..

2/25/12, 6:32 PM   #38
dusty tracks

three class` at most... not four or five!!!

2/25/12, 7:59 PM   #39
Rogue-9

I think it would be a great idea in august and september when kokomo isnt racing. I love paragon, but you run up against nearby pville, which is my favorite. personally i would go to paragon over bloomington and gas city on fridays.

---------- Post added at 6:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
I like it! I could fly in on Friday stay in Bloomington and catch the races there on Friday, head over to Lawrenceburg for Saturday, then hit Paragon Sunday night and fly home Monday morning.
Going to lincoln park would be better than burg, closer, more cars better racing.

2/25/12, 9:16 PM   #40
oneal7778

Once again I LOVE the idea!!!!! Run every Sunday afternoon .

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paragon Speedway Sunday shows