IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > any interest in bus trip to milwaukee
2/14/12, 11:05 PM   #11
Re: any interest in bus trip to milwaukee
Stealth87

Quote:
Originally Posted by racegal View Post
Oh Man! That sounds like so much fun!
I suppose Hayward would be too far out of the way?
Hayward?!?!? My parents live there. My Father probably delivers your mail!

2/15/12, 1:16 PM   #12
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Mudpacker, I thought this was the north pole!! Haha!
Stealth87, What are your parents names?
Last edited by racegal; 2/15/12 at 9:25 PM.

2/15/12, 8:43 PM   #13
marko 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt330 View Post
Would anyone be interested in a one day bus trip for the Indy Car race in June at the Milwaukee mile ? Don't know what the cost would be I'am guessing about $ 60.00 per person plus race ticket. Trying to get IOW members ,families aand friends. Would leave from indy ,with a possible pick-up at lafayette.
dirt 330, i started a thread that is now on pg. 3 about the company that i work for (school bus co.) that wants to expand their charter business with school buses. i"m guessing that you are talking renting a motor coach from the prices that are being quoted. a few things that i would like to point out about the two diff. buses. #1 the coach is probably more comfortable than the school bus and has ac. the school bus has only that 70 mph. a/c. speaking for myself, i am very sensistive to diesel fumes, so depending on the quality of the coach you rent, you will have some fumes. our school buses are 2011 models with the very high tech cummins turbo diesels that put out absolutely no diesel fumes.this is a fact, you can stand behind the exhaust on these buses and cannot smell any fumes at all. now here is the comparison on cost. the company i believe is going to let me promote a racers discount. now, this is not an official quote, but i roughly figured your 40 person bus on a 12 hr. day would be $ 16.50 a person. say it turned out to be a 16 hr. day, thats $22.00 a person, quite a savings. if this were to turn out to be larger than 40 people, no problem. we have i believe 200 of these buses. COME ON FANS, LET'S GO TO MILWAUKEE,ELDORA OR ANY TRACK YOU WISH TO VISIT!!!! by the way, we are indy based, including 29 other states.
Last edited by marko 66; 2/15/12 at 8:47 PM.

2/16/12, 10:04 AM   #14
dirt330

Marko66 I understand the cost savings. The only problems I see is 40 race fans having to use the restroom at 40 different times,with no restroom onboard this could make a one way trip 9 hours.Charter buses have compartments to hold everything fans take to the races. I'am sure there will be a few fans wanting to tip a few cold ones going up and back. I don't believe one could do that on a school bus. The heat with no a/c could be a real problem for some fans. Charter buses have dvd players where racing dvd and or movies can be played. School bus is a great idea for shorter trips. I have put together many trips to Churchill Downs over the years, and everyone says how comfortable these trips are. Just my thoughts. Dirt330
Last edited by dirt330; 2/16/12 at 2:01 PM.

2/17/12, 2:25 PM   #15
dirt330

Ticket prices and group rates for the race will not be known until March 1st. Once I get information I will post. Sounds like there is some interest in bus trip. Any ideas let me known. Anyone willing to help put this together ? If so send e-mail to MACPHOTOINDY@YAHOO.COM

1 member likes this post: speed bump
2/18/12, 10:19 AM   #16
marko 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt330 View Post
Marko66 I understand the cost savings. The only problems I see is 40 race fans having to use the restroom at 40 different times,with no restroom onboard this could make a one way trip 9 hours.Charter buses have compartments to hold everything fans take to the races. I'am sure there will be a few fans wanting to tip a few cold ones going up and back. I don't believe one could do that on a school bus. The heat with no a/c could be a real problem for some fans. Charter buses have dvd players where racing dvd and or movies can be played. School bus is a great idea for shorter trips. I have put together many trips to Churchill Downs over the years, and everyone says how comfortable these trips are. Just my thoughts. Dirt330
Dirt 330 thank you for your input. That is a pretty good trip for a school bus. I will take your advice and work on the shorter trips. Thanks again, Mark Oholorogg

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > any interest in bus trip to milwaukee