IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No way out 40!!!
1/23/12, 9:48 PM   #1
No way out 40!!!
Twin Cities Raceway Park

Vernon, IN - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

The dates for the No Way Out 40 have been set! The No Way Out 40 will be held on Saturday, March 31. We will also be having a complete sprint show on Friday, March 30 as well. This means 2 COMPLETE SHOWS!!!! Also, Twin Cities Raceway Park would like to continue with the No Way Out 40 being a "tribute" to the late Jesse Hockett, therefore, this year in honor of Jesse, the No Way Out 40 will be paying $7,500 to WIN (for his #75)!

More details will be coming soon as the schedule is in the process of being finalized. Keep watching the website for information soon!

www.twincitiesracing.net

1/24/12, 1:48 AM   #2
treecitytornado

How about $750 to start then?

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: nathans1012
1/24/12, 9:06 AM   #3
Re: No way out 40!!!
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

First, Thanks for the event. Besides you and Bloomington, I don't think there are any other Non Sanctioned big shows. 40 laps 5000 plus to win in indiana. the other being the Sheldon Kinser Memorial.

Two things I'd very much like to see this year vs last. A Pill draw inversion 4-8 and Not bitchin but the prep last year was less than sub par for Sat..

I'll be there! Both nights this year.
Chuck

3 members like this post: koolaid89, rdzsprint, SHORTBUS
1/24/12, 10:17 AM   #4
treecitytornado

How about just qualifying and invert the Top 6 qualifiers that make the A-Main? Use the same invert for the Heats and start the B or C straight up by Qual times.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: IndyBound
1/24/12, 6:55 PM   #5
hupp#9

Mason I'd like to continue to qualifie but invert heat races makes better racing dont start heads up that makes for no passing and puts it all on qualification fans would like it better if it was inverted because it will make better racing! And I'd like to see more races there like once a month garentee you could pull 20 to 30 cars easy! And even if it was sundays you could get atleas 30 with only Kokomo racing.. Even if it was only 1200 to win 200 to start you would get your cars

Logan hupp

Posted via Mobile Device

1/24/12, 7:15 PM   #6
koolaid89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
First, Thanks for the event. Besides you and Bloomington, I don't think there are any other Non Sanctioned big shows. 40 laps 5000 plus to win in indiana. the other being the Sheldon Kinser Memorial.

Two things I'd very much like to see this year vs last. A Pill draw inversion 4-8 and Not bitchin but the prep last year was less than sub par for Sat..

I'll be there! Both nights this year.
Chuck
Well put Chuck, group qualifying or pill draw is the only way to go. Individual qualifying is murder on a racing surface.

I too hope for better track prep, I was quite disheartened after we made the 7 hr trek from Michigan to be greeted with a relatively dry racing surface.

1/24/12, 7:27 PM   #7
treecitytornado

If you prepare the track right in the early spring it should hold up to qualify 40 Sprints. It is getting dark at 7, not 10. Again that is if; it is prepared right!

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, rdzsprint
1/24/12, 7:29 PM   #8
racephoto1

The qualifying isn't murder when you get 1 lap. Also Friday night with the heavy track was spectacular. Just need to hit it Saturday. The way this is going it has a good chance to be a huge event in the coming years. Here's Jesse Hockett , his last win in Indiana. It was a great drive that night.From deep in the field to winner.L to R,

Casey Shuman, Mason Fleetwood, Jesse Hockett, Henry Clarke

IMG_0078 by uncloose1, on Flickr

1/25/12, 4:36 AM   #9
wideopen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by hupp#9 View Post
Mason I'd like to continue to qualifie but invert heat races makes better racing dont start heads up that makes for no passing and puts it all on qualification fans would like it better if it was inverted because it will make better racing! And I'd like to see more races there like once a month garentee you could pull 20 to 30 cars easy! And even if it was sundays you could get atleas 30 with only Kokomo racing.. Even if it was only 1200 to win 200 to start you would get your cars

Logan hupp

Posted via Mobile Device
AGREE on all....

1/25/12, 8:01 AM   #10
Jake

Disagree with all above. Keep the format exactly how it has been the last two years! With this kind of money up for grabs, there should be absolutely NO handicapping or inverting! Qualifying sets up the heats, heats set up the feature, all straight up, the way it should be!

Jake

2 members like this post: ByronMack, dirt330
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No way out 40!!!