IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
hoosierdaddy (Offline)
  #41 12/1/11 7:26 AM
rules? lol. Olson ran in a t-shirt with an open-faced helmet. Dumbest thing ever. i can see letting guys use their imagination on their cars for this one time a year event but someone needs to keep up on safety at some point.

Didn't they make Murdock change a bunch of stuff on his "dragster cage" last year or the year before?
s.chrisman25 (Offline)
  #42 12/1/11 3:09 PM
what evryone not no;s is i made first of kind in my shop i did. i make sprint frame not race it. all you would call me crazy and i cnat stop all my secrets from leaving my shop.
REALDEAL (Offline)
  #43 12/10/11 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by s.chrisman25:
what evryone not no;s is i made first of kind in my shop i did. i make sprint frame not race it. all you would call me crazy and i cnat stop all my secrets from leaving my shop.
waht? ummmmm...ok...i not no;s

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

Originally Posted by wobbler:
I wonder if the powers to be will let this car actually run? I believe there is talk they will not allow the NZ built V8 Synergy engine back? Perhaps they are starting to introduce some rules to this race??
How much does one of these engines cost?
ImissAscot (Offline)
  #44 12/11/11 9:00 PM
I can't wait to see this car all done in Tulsa real soon ! !
SETracing (Offline)
  #45 1/12/12 11:26 PM
So did it ever make it to the Chili Bowl?

Matt Schuck
SETracing 52 53
4 Likes: doug47, Isaac Chapple Racing, jojowar, wvwildthg
gio_momma (Offline)
  #46 1/17/12 9:11 AM
There was a DOHC Honda and 7 EFI Esslingers at this year's CB, including 2 of the top 4 qualifiers (K, Swindell and Kruseman).

I'm not sure that it's a matter of them being "afraid" of the RRE motors, as much as trying to keep some sort of parity. The spec series cars have a whole week to battle each other.
brian26 (Offline)
  #47 11/30/12 6:04 AM
Was told that the Conze Special was titanium, but a sprinter.

2 Likes: DAD, Midget 89
DAD (Offline)
  #48 11/30/12 9:18 AM
Originally Posted by brian26:
Was told that the Conze Special was titanium, but a sprinter.

Bet that was the #1 very first down tube car. Kind of dates it self with the old Offy and suicide front end. Probably early 50's or so? But a beautiful race car.

More pics. please!!

Honest Dad himself
opnwhlmnd (Offline)
  #49 11/30/12 11:03 AM
Stevie Smith tried a titanium sprint car frame years ago and never could keep it from cracking just away from the welds. He abandoned the idea after a few races.

Maybe welding technology is better now than when he tried it.

Find a purpose in life ..... Be a bad example
Midget 89 (Offline)
  #50 12/1/12 5:59 PM
Is this car actually going to be at the Chili Bowl? Not much talk about the car since last year.