IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Supermodifieds! OkC, Tulsa, Amarillo
12/7/11, 11:22 PM   #1
Supermodifieds! OkC, Tulsa, Amarillo
brian26

I know this is the Indiana board. But we are proud of our stuff we had through the years, I thought maybe you guys might want to see a few of our latest vids

OkC

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

Tulsa

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

Amarillo

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

Ofixco

12/8/11, 12:12 AM   #2
Re: Supermodifieds! OkC, Tulsa, Amarillo
Kansasdirtfan

Good racing isn't confined to Indiana, Brian, as you well know. I spent quite a few Sunday nights at 81 Speedway in Wichita watching many of these same supers, and it was always a good show. There were some pretty fierce battles between the Kansas boys and the Oklahoma "posse." You have a nice collection of images, and well presented. Thanks for the post.

12/8/11, 11:04 AM   #3
brian26

Eventually these tributes will have to venture into Kansas. I'd like to find more film from the 70's to do it.

12/8/11, 11:55 AM   #4
Kansasdirtfan

I wish I had some pics or film to contribute, but I was at best a casual fan in those days, and had no connection to any car, driver, etc. I did, however, stop by Laverne Nance's shop occasionally and drool, without really understanding the extent and importance of his endeavors in the sprint car world. What I remember most was watching the horror unfold at the end of lap one of the ill-fated 1974 Hutchinson Nationals. What a terrible mess that was.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Supermodifieds! OkC, Tulsa, Amarillo