IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tulsa Shoot out?
12/5/11, 7:56 AM   #1
Tulsa Shoot out?
Quantrill

Anyone seen payout and qualifying procedures? Sure would like to see something in writing. All I have heard up to this point is hear say. I dont see anything on AMSA or Tulsa shoot web site. Makes me worry that payout or the class could be yanked at the last min.

12/5/11, 9:51 AM   #2
Re: Tulsa Shoot out?
Tony74

Doubt you will be able to find a posted purse...
Last year non-wing open (micro) paid 200 bucks for fourth and (heard) a 1,000 to win. No idea what the mini class would pay

12/5/11, 10:18 AM   #3
DonMoore10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantrill View Post
Anyone seen payout
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha I saw the two promoters at the bank with big sacks of ur money......
Last edited by DonMoore10; 12/5/11 at 10:19 AM.

1 member likes this post: jdull99
12/5/11, 11:27 AM   #4
thebus79h

Unfortunately it's all true. The shooter is how the Chili Bowl makes money. Basically all the money they bring in from the Shooter, pays for the Chili Bowl (Expenses, and majority of purse), so the actual CB is almost strictly profit. One of the few "tracks" that probably turns a profit each year.

But if you ask anybody in the micro world what is the most important trophy to get, it's that Golden Driller.

But as for format, they use the Sprint bandit type deal with heats, qualifiers and such.

12/5/11, 12:06 PM   #5
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebus79h View Post
Unfortunately it's all true. The shooter is how the Chili Bowl makes money. Basically all the money they bring in from the Shooter, pays for the Chili Bowl (Expenses, and majority of purse), so the actual CB is almost strictly profit. One of the few "tracks" that probably turns a profit each year.

But if you ask anybody in the micro world what is the most important trophy to get, it's that Golden Driller.

But as for format, they use the Sprint bandit type deal with heats, qualifiers and such.
We ran second last year and did not quite cover fuel expense for that big old Ford 350 dully hauler and Dodge caravan chase vehicle.

The shootout also does not have much front gate money the purse got to come out of the back gate. The Chili Bowl has both gates making money.

A big reason for going to Rumble this year got two chances to make some money and a lot less driving.
Last edited by DAD; 12/5/11 at 12:16 PM.

12/5/11, 12:14 PM   #6
Phylo82

I can't see them cancelling at the last minute...if they did there would be some serious grief from me as I have already paid for two plane tickets.

The car count looks to be good again. There are around 20 cars signed up and they are expecting a number of people to register after they get there.

Not many cars from the midwest this year.....a lot of the AMSA guys that went last year are either not going or have moved on from Mini Sprints.

12/5/11, 5:42 PM   #7
DAD

Watch out for them guys fron Alaska and Washington state. Looks like they haven't entered yet.

12/5/11, 5:45 PM   #8
KSmith15

Previous Experienece is: If your worried about Payout at the Shootout... STAY HOME

This Race is strictly a Bragging rights and Ive been there done that race...

Unless you are from Tulsa.. Chances are that you have no chance of even a partial return on your trip...

IMO the hell with the money.... GO AND HAVE FUN Its a great experience and a great vacation!

2 members like this post: DAD, Phylo82
12/5/11, 6:02 PM   #9
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSmith15 View Post
Previous Experienece is: If your worried about Payout at the Shootout... STAY HOME

This Race is strictly a Bragging rights and Ive been there done that race...

Unless you are from Tulsa.. Chances are that you have no chance of even a partial return on your trip...

IMO the hell with the money.... GO AND HAVE FUN Its a great experience and a great vacation!
AMEN:: Once to the Shootout and half dozen times to the Chili Bowl aint nothing much more fun unless it is the ice on those roads You are going to run into every once in a while. Ran into a patch of ice about 1/2 mile long driving through St Louis going back to the Chili Bowl last year .
Darned near did a 360 in the fast lale at 65+ mph with a tractor trailer right beside us. Sure did slow up traffic nobody wanted to pass us after that, We stoped for change of undergarments and driver just west of town and it was pretty tame after that except for the speeding ticket I got 1 mile after I got back into Il. going home.

FUN FUN FUN
Last edited by DAD; 12/5/11 at 6:04 PM.

12/5/11, 6:29 PM   #10
Quantrill

If the pay out is $5 tell me that and let me decide if I want to race. Anything to do with racing is a losing proposition. I agree its not about the money its about what to expect when taking off 3 days of work, staying in a motel for 4 nights, food and fuel. Not a cheap week and if your paying the bills you may not be worried about it but you sure are thinking about it.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tulsa Shoot out?