IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > how many sprint car tracks in indiana??
11/3/11, 8:24 PM   #1
how many sprint car tracks in indiana??
txsprinter

Hello i am moving up from Texas and I will be moving into the Logansport-Lafayette area. I am wondering how many tracks and where they are located that run non wing sprint cars in the area. Even if they are in Illinois or Ohio i would like to know where they are. I bought a 305 car here in Texas and soon found out i got a job offer up there. Are there many tracks in the central or upper part of the state that run sprint cars?? Are there any 305 cars in the area? Thanks alot for any responses. Roger

11/3/11, 8:34 PM   #2
reeserx

I don't think any tracks run 305 in Indiana. The weekly tracks in Indiana are Kokomo, gas city, Lincoln park, lawrenceburg, and Bloomington, I think I'm missin a couple but those are majority of them
Posted via Mobile Device

11/3/11, 8:49 PM   #3
Re: how many sprint car tracks in indiana??
Bill May

Fremont and Attica, both in northern Ohio run 305's weekly. paragon, south of Indy, run non wing weekly, all cars run a feature, so you would not have to worry about making the feature with your 305. Hope this additional info helps.

11/4/11, 8:56 AM   #4
MTS

MTS sprints are nonwing in michigan. most of the tracks in mich are dry so a 305 would be fine to run.

www.mtsprints.com

11/4/11, 1:09 PM   #5
txsprinter

I plan on trying to sell the 305 and get a 410. If there arent many tracks in that area and i have to always travel i will sell and get a modified. I am just trying to see where the tracks are to see what options there are.

11/4/11, 4:21 PM   #6
scooter99

www.speedwaysonline.com check it out

11/4/11, 4:34 PM   #7
JordanBlanton

Weekly Shows:
Friday nights:
Bloomington Speedway: bloomingtonspeedway.com
Gas City: gascityi69speedway.com

Saturday nights:
Lincoln Park Speedway: lincolnparkspeedway.com
Paragon Speedway: paragonspeedway.com
Lawrenceburg Speedway: lawrenceburgspeedway.com

Sunday nights:
Kokomo Speedway: kokomospeedway.net
Farmer City: This is in Illinois, but supposedly Farmer City is going to be racing non wing sprints on Sundays next season

Specials:
Terre Haute Action Track: no website that I know of; it's a fairgrounds 1/2 mile located at the Vigo County Fairgrounds in Terre Haute
Tri-State Speedway: tristatespeedway.com
Twin Cities Raceway: twincitiesracing.net
Brownstown Speedway: brownstownspeedway.com; this year they only had 2 sprint shows; 1 USAC and Friday night at Funfest. No clue what they'll have next year.
Last edited by JordanBlanton; 11/4/11 at 4:35 PM.

11/4/11, 4:35 PM   #8
Rogue-9

There are six weekly sprint car tracks in central Indiana, Kokomo is only a half hour from Logansport, and gas city is only an hour. You could run both weekly in a sprint car friday at gas city, sunday at kokomo. You'd be about two hours and twenty minutes from linclon park and paragon, if you wanted to run some special events on saturday night. 2:45 from bloomington, and 3 hours from Lawrenceburg. Running Gas City and Kokomo would be perfect for where you live, their the closest modified tracks to you as well, so might as well keep the sprint car.

11/4/11, 4:36 PM   #9
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeserx View Post
I don't think any tracks run 305 in Indiana. The weekly tracks in Indiana are Kokomo, gas city, Lincoln park, lawrenceburg, and Bloomington, I think I'm missin a couple but those are majority of them
Posted via Mobile Device
Think you for got to mention Paragon Speedway. Also Tri-State Speedway (just north of Evensville, Indiana - southwest part of the state) has a bunch of Non-Wing specials during the course of the racing season/

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
11/4/11, 11:42 PM   #10
treecitytornado

He's not going to able to compete at Gas City, Lawrenceburg, Bloomington, Terre Haute, Kokomo, Haubstadt, or anywhere else, but Paragon with a 305. Brownstown at Funfest would also work.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > how many sprint car tracks in indiana??