IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > any updates from TSS
9/18/11, 12:55 PM   #61
bballr4567

It was average because Riggs was obviously the fastest car there. The battle in the midpack was pretty intense with Gardner making huge moves to get up through the field.

Ive seen better there though.
Posted via Mobile Device

9/18/11, 1:07 PM   #62
Re: any updates from TSS
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I wasn't there last night. But like Terre Last week. Windom had em covered. It still was far from bad racing with Levi coming from 17th to 2nd.

I visited Tri State in early June on a 102* day. Never seeing a puff of dust all night while the sun beat on it relentlessly. Could bring cooler in. Staff was friendly, Racing was great.

Kokomo, Other than going through a TSA checkpoint. Can't argue about the racing.

1 member likes this post: rclaridge
9/18/11, 1:08 PM   #63
sw1911

Who is the fellow who spoke to each of the drivers during the pre race lineup?
Last edited by sw1911; 9/18/11 at 1:40 PM.

9/18/11, 2:12 PM   #64
J.D.

Maybe 25 800+hp cars is a lil much for any 1/4 mi track to hold up to! I think 5 too many! The feature could of been much better if a certain driver wouldn't have ignored the blue/yellow flag while he was taking up ALL of the track. Riggs was very fast but so was Damion, Bacon, Fitz, Coons, Levi, Clauson, and Cowboy. Did anybody notice the run Dakota Jackson had in the B main from the tail? This kid has figured TSS out! Darland just had the worst luck last night, even raced the entire B with a flat front left tire. I'll pay $22 anytime to see the great drivers that were there last night. The racing for that transfer spot in the B was filled with the best drivers anywhere and you could have thrown a blanket over 5 of them those last few laps. Lawerencburg you're next!!! It will be GREAT!!!!!!

5 members like this post: jim goerge, Kathy Christie, SPRINTCAR, SprintManDave, SteveD
9/18/11, 2:17 PM   #65
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lynch View Post
ekohl23: I agree with your post
Of course you do.

9/18/11, 2:40 PM   #66
SPRINTCAR

BOY, are race fans territorial or WHAT! What we have here is a failure to communicate. We need a race called the Civil War Race. After the races they can have mud (or dust) wrestling in the infield for IOW members.
Last edited by SPRINTCAR; 9/18/11 at 4:55 PM.

3 members like this post: Danny Burton, smith19, SprintManDave
9/18/11, 2:53 PM   #67
illiNOISE

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
Maybe 25 800+hp cars is a lil much for any 1/4 mi track to hold up to! I think 5 too many
Kudos to USAC and MSCS for starting the extra cars, in this day of transponder scoring, it's not like the scoring can't keep up. But one has to wonder why they were willing to start 25 last night on a quarter, but wouldn't let Steve Thomas and Patrick Budde tag on as the 23rd and 24th starters last week on the big half-mile at Terre Haute.

Speaking of the format, it was nice to see the heat races actually mean something after they were total formalities last Saturday at the Action Track. But did anyone else notice that the tie break for the 6th and last re-draw spot went to Riggs over Levi Jones? Big difference in starting spots, based solely on which heat race each driver found themselves in.

9/18/11, 3:32 PM   #68
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiNOISE View Post
Kudos to USAC and MSCS for starting the extra cars, in this day of transponder scoring, it's not like the scoring can't keep up. But one has to wonder why they were willing to start 25 last night on a quarter, but wouldn't let Steve Thomas and Patrick Budde tag on as the 23rd and 24th starters last week on the big half-mile at Terre Haute.

Speaking of the format, it was nice to see the heat races actually mean something after they were total formalities last Saturday at the Action Track.
I thought the heats were better at Terre Haute. You should have heard the confused dad trying to explain to the kids what the heats were for. As for the extra cars, I believe that was to allow both sanctioning bodies provisionals. I like to see feature spots earned not given. I also think if you don't like making the feature, do better. I have seen slow cars that did not belong in the feature screw up while getting lapped and take out the leader.

3 members like this post: ByronMack, jim goerge, Motormasher
9/18/11, 3:43 PM   #69
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

I thought I saw Dave Darland's backup car on the track in warmups, but I don't think it ever raced. There was discussion among the group around me, with some saying they had seen the team car, and others not. Was the second car there?

9/18/11, 3:50 PM   #70
Eatin Dirt

Thought the racing last night in the B-Main was what would be a great Feature on any normal night. The feature had so many cars going so damn fast that you couldnt keep up with all the action. Riggs was crazy fast up front and really laying it over on that right rear in turn 4. Being a Stanbrough fan I couldn't believe how he went backwards from the start, figured they must have missed the set-up with the track redo, but who knows. Racing was great just wish it wasn't a 3 hr drive. 3 more to go Sept 30 Gas City, Oct. 1 Burg, and Oct 14th the Klash. Where has the racing season gone?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > any updates from TSS