IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > THAT Promoter for 2012.....
9/12/11, 10:59 PM   #11
Re: THAT Promoter for 2012.....
Danny Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Wendel View Post
Someone was working the track after the race,I thought that was odd without a promoter!
So you saw that too. Hmmmm...

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
9/12/11, 11:00 PM   #12
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Sargent would more than likely add a fendered "support class". I feel it is just right how it is with USAC in control and the others working the track for them. Why change what is starting to work?

1 member likes this post: rdzsprint
9/12/11, 11:37 PM   #13
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

I would like to see a promoter who would again have reserved seating, if only the top three or five rows. As a matter of fact, I think the seats in the top three rows are the only ones that are numbered. There are a few of us who have had the same seats for years and the ticket policy this year has been an inconvenience.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
9/12/11, 11:58 PM   #14
dirttrack87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
Sargent would more than likely add a fendered "support class". I feel it is just right how it is with USAC in control and the others working the track for them. Why change what is starting to work?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
I would like to see a promoter who would again have reserved seating, if only the top three or five rows. As a matter of fact, I think the seats in the top three rows are the only ones that are numbered. There are a few of us who have had the same seats for years and the ticket policy this year has been an inconvenience.
Wow, know wonder this hasnt been a good place for the last half decade or so. With people like you, cant have your cake and eat it too! You should be happy someone stepped up to the plate and got the track rockin! They needed a "fendered support class" for the hour and half long down time they had. You guys this is a nostalgia type track, we cant loose it and saturday proved why. It can still hold great racing, no matter what is making laps on that track!

1 member likes this post: batch56
9/13/11, 12:24 AM   #15
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirttrack87 View Post
Wow, know wonder this hasnt been a good place for the last half decade or so. With people like you, cant have your cake and eat it too! You should be happy someone stepped up to the plate and got the track rockin! They needed a "fendered support class" for the hour and half long down time they had. You guys this is a nostalgia type track, we cant loose it and saturday proved why. It can still hold great racing, no matter what is making laps on that track!
There are a considerable number of "people like me" who have held the same seats for many years and don't care to play beach blanket bingo to secure a seat. That policy was in place until Mike King stopped printing reserved seat tickets last year. He did sell a season ticket, which I purchased, as did a few other people. I am willing to pay extra for a reserved seat, and always have. I have been attending races at THAT since 1967, and one thing that always set it apart from the weekly tracks was the option to have a reserved seat.
Last edited by ronmil; 9/13/11 at 12:25 AM.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, sw1911
9/13/11, 2:32 AM   #16
Hotshoe65s

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
There are a considerable number of "people like me" who have held the same seats for many years and don't care to play beach blanket bingo to secure a seat. That policy was in place until Mike King stopped printing reserved seat tickets last year. He did sell a season ticket, which I purchased, as did a few other people. I am willing to pay extra for a reserved seat, and always have. I have been attending races at THAT since 1967, and one thing that always set it apart from the weekly tracks was the option to have a reserved seat.
I don't think he was mad about the reserve seating. He was mad at the guy who thought they should not have fender classes.

In my opinion, why wouldnt they want to run a support class. They have plenty of downtime, and it would only add to the number of fans and cars there. And most importantly it would put more $$$ in the promoter's pocket. This place won't be around much longer by just running 4 shows a year.
Posted via Mobile Device

9/13/11, 4:36 AM   #17
Rogue-9

I was at terre haute last weekend. I felt they should have had some modifieds. Way too much time with nothing on the track. And the track would have been wider and racier for the feature.

1 member likes this post:
9/13/11, 8:34 AM   #18
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE

They should run Modifieds, it would have widend the track and the feature would have be better, I hope they get a promoter figured out sooner than later....it would be nice to know whos preping the track in advance and not find out the week of the race

2 members like this post: jim goerge, K-Dawg30
9/13/11, 10:24 AM   #19
terrehautian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Wendel View Post
Someone was working the track after the race,I thought that was odd without a promoter!
I don't know if this directly related or not, but Will Ferrell was spotted in town today with cameras. Talladega Nights 2, dirt track edition?

Okay, I am being funny, but that would be neat to see a comedy about racing modifieds with Will in it.

1 member likes this post: Hotshoe65s
9/13/11, 2:29 PM   #20
Dyno Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue-9 View Post
I was at terre haute last weekend. I felt they should have had some modifieds. Way too much time with nothing on the track. And the track would have been wider and racier for the feature.
I agree a support class might fill the dead time. But Mods are not the answer, they would take an already long down time and make it longer.It is in the history book that The Mods wreck and spin way to much. Lets have mini sprints, street stocks, 360 Sprintcars, Kenyon Midgets. Anything but Mods.

4 members like this post: BrandonT30, DAD, dirtball, GregD
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > THAT Promoter for 2012.....