IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > OT-Rain
9/7/11, 10:46 PM   #1
OT-Rain
backitin

They are now saying we might get 14 inches of rain tonight and tomorrow morning. They are expecting the river to crest over the flood wall in Binghamton NY, which will be a first. I dont believe it's ever come close. This is looking to be a huge disaster, they would have no way to pump it out. if you believe say some prayers for the folks along the storms path. We should be ok here, it's mostly tree's falling that would affect us. Well I was wrong, my wive just called me a dumbass cause I forgot about our cottage along wylusing creek, we"re 1/3 owners and it will be gone by tomorrow, no doubt.
Last edited by backitin; 9/7/11 at 10:52 PM.

9/7/11, 10:52 PM   #2
Re: OT-Rain
njtraveler

saying them for all my east coasters out there.

9/7/11, 11:29 PM   #3
IndyBound

Backitin, hope you all stay safe in the southern tier area of N. Y., just saw how bad the Binghamton and Endicott areas are on the news. The N. Y. State Thruway is again closed from Verona N. Y. to Albany N. Y. in both directions due to flooding. Also just heard they are planing to evacuate 10,000 people in Binghamton. Heard earlier today I88 was also closed out of Binghamton.

My prayers are with everyone in the southern tier.

Patti

9/8/11, 12:16 AM   #4
backitin

Thanks guys, were totally safe and I believe the cottage is insured, I'm afraid many folks are going to lose theyre homes that arnt insured, my wifes brother being one of them on the south side of binghamton. Just a reminder no matter how bad I think I have it some times others face far worse everyday.

9/8/11, 12:16 AM   #5
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

We've had a lot of flooding here today. 6 to 8 inches of rain in about 4 to 5 hours and we are still get hit hard.

9/8/11, 1:18 AM   #6
reeserx

Isn't the gulick clan from Binghamton also? I hope you and your family stay dry backitin, flooding is no joke. Keep safe!
Posted via Mobile Device

9/8/11, 8:03 AM   #7
IndyBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeserx View Post
Isn't the gulick clan from Binghamton also? I hope you and your family stay dry backitin, flooding is no joke. Keep safe!
Posted via Mobile Device
Yes the Gulick's are from Binghamton, I sent Pete and Jill a PM last night when I realized how bad the flooding had gotten and haven't heard from them yet. I believe they were in Indiana over the weekend watching Coleman race and when I saw the reports of the flooding I was hoping they were still in Indiana. Since they haven't posted anything on here yet my guess is they are dealing with the flooding and hope they all stay safe.

The news is calling it historical record flooding, this area also saw severe flooding in 2006 with lives lost. I am praying everyone on the east coast stay safe during this flooding and no lives are lost.

The news also just reported that the thruway is currently open but will probably be closed today from exit 24 Albany to Exit 33 Verona, last week when they had to do this the east bound traffic was sent down I81 to Binghamton to I88 and sent back to Albany that way. I would think that is impossible with the current flooding to reroute traffic that way. This is the stretch of the thruway I have to travel to see my family in Ballston Lake, N. Y., it will be the second time in a week that the thruway is closed down to flooding and over the weekend in the Amsterdam area a tornado crossed the thruway. Just reported the thruway will be closed down soon.

My prayers are with everyone in the southern tier of N. Y. state as well as the rest of the east coast dealing with this flooding.

Patti

9/8/11, 8:10 AM   #8
backitin

Its not going to be as bad as expected thankfully, we only got 8 inchs of rain, thank goodness not the 14 that was expected. Binghamton is probley going to be pretty flooded but I dont think the flood wall will be breached.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > OT-Rain