IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > In search of Track
9/6/11, 4:55 PM   #31
Re: In search of Track
tim kelley

Eatin Dirt, Do you think the car, and fan support would be there for a sunday nite sprint race at Vernon? I don't know , I am asking the question. Might be a city ordinance against it. All questions that I would love and try to work out.

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

Paw, word has it that the Fords took it off the market for next season anywy. Actually I want to start something and make it work for all of us.

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

illinisprintfan, do you have or know of a way of get ahold of the owners of this track? Plus 10 minutes away, sounds like a potential employee. LOL

9/6/11, 5:21 PM   #32
Hotshoe65s

If I not mistaken Mills has been running a mod a LPS the last few weeks.
Posted via Mobile Device

9/6/11, 5:53 PM   #33
oldbutnew

Is Owensburg to far gone to reopen? When I-69 is finished it will be 3 miles from a interchange.

9/6/11, 6:00 PM   #34
Knoke77

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankytoo View Post
if you want to start small, try Columbus Fair Grounds
Good luck trying to deal with that fairboard.

Twin Cities needs a good owner and a little TLC. Back in the early 2000's the promoter spent a lot of time on prepping the track and the weekly sprint races were nice with pretty decent car counts and fans. Put some money in the fence and track/amenities and a person would do well I believe.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, rdzsprint, SprintManDave
9/6/11, 6:25 PM   #35
MikeJ1961

Might try podium one in Charlestown In. We ran karts there earlier this year. needs alot of work ie fences and such

9/6/11, 7:39 PM   #36
illinisprintfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim kelley View Post
Eatin Dirt, Do you think the car, and fan support would be there for a sunday nite sprint race at Vernon? I don't know , I am asking the question. Might be a city ordinance against it. All questions that I would love and try to work out.

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

Paw, word has it that the Fords took it off the market for next season anywy. Actually I want to start something and make it work for all of us.

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

illinisprintfan, do you have or know of a way of get ahold of the owners of this track? Plus 10 minutes away, sounds like a potential employee. LOL
The web page is not active anymore and a # I found on another website just rings. Someone else might have contact info on Jim Mills. Employee? You never know. I have been around tracks since I was a baby, it might be fun to help out at one. good luck.

9/6/11, 8:01 PM   #37
thebus79h

Union County Speedway, in Liberty Indiana. They normally run Friday nights, and a stock car track, but wold be a great alternative on a Sunday night for open wheel cars.

Track sucks, but has decent facilities, and just needs some TLC, and the only way it'll grow there, is if someone new completely comes in.

9/6/11, 8:11 PM   #38
MEAT

North Vernon just had a race on Monday that was initially scheduled for Sunday. There is no city/county ordinance preventing racing on Sunday that I am aware of. I would like to think that there would be Sunday night support. There are several teams in the southern region of the state that do not race at Kokomo due to getting home late, and having to work on Monday. Not to mention the economics of making a 2-4 hour trip one way. Twin Cities has provided some very epic battles throughout the years, and fans like to watch races there. However, improvements to the facilities need to be made, not only to provide a fan friendly environment, but more importantly a safe wall, catch fence, amd racing surface. I would love to see someone take this track, bring it to its full potential, and have weekly sprint car races. Possibly one day with the right circumstances, TCRP could once again host a sprint week race.
Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by MEAT; 9/6/11 at 8:15 PM.

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, rdzsprint, SprintManDave
9/6/11, 9:24 PM   #39
Eatin Dirt

Was getting ready to repost until I read MEAT's post, not sure I could add anything to that. There have been some great sprint races there. Sprint Week was good when there. Also can remember many years ago when the WoO ran at Bloomington that they had a non-sanctioned race at TC the night before and it was awesome. Never hurts to hope....

9/6/11, 9:41 PM   #40
tim kelley

Only thing that would make it possible would be if and when it comes open. if so, I'm a big thinker!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > In search of Track