Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > In search of Track
9/5/11, 8:31 PM   #11
Re: In search of Track
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim kelley View Post
I figure that would be the case with most of the tracks that may be available. Thats why It might take a year or so to update for sprints and midgets. Has anyone heard anything about the fairgrounds track in salem. I would love to have that place. A track to build and give drivers, car owners, and fans stability. Not looking to get rich, just have fun and be around racing.
We need more people like you in this sport. Someone who actually gives a d@mn about short (dirt / clay) track racing and racing in general and loves being around it (cars, drivers, crews, fans, & track staff).....

9/5/11, 8:40 PM   #12
miledirt

Sumner Il. isn't far from Southern Indiana

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
9/5/11, 8:48 PM   #13
Hotshoe65s

Thunder valley in Salem is a pretty small track. It'd be lucky to be 1/4 mile around the outside wall. The fairgrounds would need a lot of work. As far as sprint and midget racing there, the thing to consider is the amount of open wheel racers from southern indiana and Kentucky. That would be the downside. Kentucky is all about late models.
Posted via Mobile Device

9/5/11, 9:04 PM   #14
tim kelley

nathans1012, Thanks for the comment. I have been in racing all my life. Ran TQ and now have a Sprint. 54 years old and backing it in gets a little harder to do. I want to help other make there dream come true. Thanks again for your support.

1 member likes this post: Hotshoe65s
9/5/11, 9:08 PM   #15
LocalYokel

Kamp Motor Speedway is just waiting for someone to re-open it. With the proper promoter and a little luck that place could become one of the best sprint car tracks in the midwest.
Posted via Mobile Device

9/5/11, 9:31 PM   #16
tim kelley

your right. Kamp seems to have everything a person needs. I really want to do something for next year. Does anyone know anything about Red Hill in Sumner Il? gotta be able to make it work for everyone. kamp would be a dream track.

9/5/11, 9:35 PM   #17
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Bunkerhill Speedway could be a good place if someone would give it a shot. it's been sitting for about 4 years or so since the last person that tried to promote it. Personally I think the ran the wrong division there/ There needs to be a weekly Midget track in Indiana; not just USAC races and specials. Run Midgets and other division that you think might work. The track is not far from the Kokomo Speedway; maybe about 20 - 25 north of the Kokomo area.

9/5/11, 9:50 PM   #18
J.D.

I-69 will run into Chandlers backdoor if you know what I mean. Haubstadt gets alot of Evansville people. No fair this week and Tri-State had a very good crowd last nite. If it were me I would stay away from the big tracks for sprint cars JMO. Another 1/4 mile is what I would like to see, something that takes a driver, not just who has the money for the great motors.

9/5/11, 10:27 PM   #19
tim kelley

Yeah, Haubstadt is a negative for Chandler. With the class's I want to try and run I need to be in more of the central Indiana area. Maybe a weekly midget, lower dollar sprint, front wheel drive, bomber, modfied, etc. so as you can see, i want several class's.

9/5/11, 11:01 PM   #20
reeserx

Bunker hill is a flat track for motorcycles now I believe
Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > In search of Track