IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Pavement Dave (Offline)
  #1 7/17/11 4:28 AM
GERSTER CLAIMS KALAMAZOO MUST SEE EVENT

Kalamazoo, MI - July 16, 2011 - Brian Gerster used a bit of good luck, and a perfectly handling race car to win the Must See Racing 50 Saturday night at Kalamazoo Speedway. The win was the second career BIOBASED.US Must See Racing Xtreme Sprint Series (MSRXSS) victory in as many starts for Gerster. A large crowd braved hot and humid temperatures to watch the ' Fastest Short Track Cars In The World ' participate in the second annual Must See Racing 50.

Gerster, who earlier set quick time with a lap of 10.985 seconds, took the lead on lap 20 from his tenth place starting position and never looked back. Gerster was making only his second visit to Kalamazoo with his last visit nearly 12 years ago in a midget race.

" I was a little worried having to start tenth. I knew this place would be a little hard to pass " explained Gerster. " We got a few breaks in traffic and the car was so good I could go where I wanted to go. It worked out good and we got it done. Dick and Debra Meyers gave me a great race car " concluded Gerster.

Jimmy McCune, arguably the hottest MSRXSS driver of late, lead the first 20 laps from his pole starting position. McCune relinquished the lead to Gerster when his car came to a halt in turn 4 with mechanical issues on lap 20.

Gerster took advantage of several early caution periods, and a superior handling race car to claim the win on an otherwise unlucky full moon night.

The event was red flagged on lap 17 when Jason Blonde touched wheels with Jason Cox. The altercation lifted the car of Blonde, sending it slamming hard into the turn 2 wall ending Blonde's night.

Ryan Litt and Troy DeCaire waged a furious battle for second the final 26 laps of the event. Litt claimed second while Decaire was forced to settle for third. Jason Cox finished fourth and Geoff Kaiser rounded out the top five.

Heat races were won by Tom Tolbert, Jo Jo Helberg, and Nathan Brevard. Jo Jo Helberg won the 12 lap last chance race.

MUST SEE RACING 50 RESULTS

1. Brian Gerster
2. Ryan Litt
3. Troy DeCaire
4. Jason Cox
5. Geoff Kaiser
6. JoJo Helberg
7. Aaron Pierce
8. Kyle Flint
9. Brian Olson
10. Jacob Wilson
11. Mike Larrison
12. Hank Lower
13. Jim Sheets
14. Jerry Caryer
15. Nathan Brevard
16. Jimmy McCune
17. Jeff Bloom
18. Dave Baumgartner
19. Jason Blonde
20. Tom Tolbert

For more information visit www.mustseeracing.com.
7 Likes: cowboyhar69, dirtball, IndyBound, Larry G., Midwest Connection, Mud Packer, Russ
johnnythunderhead
  #2 7/17/11 4:52 AM
go brian
LocalYokel (Offline)
  #3 7/17/11 6:42 AM
How does JoJo win his heat, and the win the last chance race as well?
Posted via Mobile Device
short track scott (Offline)
  #4 7/17/11 8:34 AM
Originally Posted by johnnythunderhead:
go brian
Jimmy McCune won the second heat.

Helberg DNF'd the second heat after a spin off turn four bent his lf wheel.

Hope that helps!
doug47 (Offline)
  #5 7/17/11 8:13 PM
anybody know why jeff bloom was blacked flaged if anybody should of been blacked flaged it was Aaron Pierce he passed two or three cars in turn 3
before the green flag was out one of the cars was bloom
Predator (Offline)
  #6 7/17/11 8:21 PM
In the Must See series, as soon as the leader hits the cone it is green flag racing and passing is legal. There was a discussion about said rule in the drivers meeting as to whether passing would be allowed or not and it was declared that as long as the leader was to the cone it was ok to pass. As for Bloom being black flagged I can only guess that it was because of retaliating and hitting Baumgartner under caution. There was an incident a few weeks ago and it was made loud and clear that retaliation will be met with a black flag....
racestarrr (Offline)
  #7 7/18/11 10:19 PM
That is not what was said in the drivers meeting. On restarts you cannot pass until YOU pass the cone. Well apparently you can, but they said you couldn't.
Posted via Mobile Device