IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo ISW Updates
7/10/11, 12:49 AM   #81
Johnhunt

Race Count Last Year: 22

Wow, what a FANTASTIC night! Great racing all night long. It was great to see 100% get a win. Windom is always a threat but how about Justin grant with a nice run. Brought some ISW rookies tonight- pretty sure they're hooked!
Posted using Mobile Device

7/10/11, 2:16 AM   #82
Re: Kokomo ISW Updates
jim goerge

Has anyone ever seen a race grants in where he hasn:t hit anyone?

7/10/11, 3:04 AM   #83
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

After the three hour trip home. Im still not sure what I seen. I seen a a bad ass race, on a bad ass, track by bad ass drivers. Thats what I saw.

The race started off with Boespflug grabbing the lead on lap three and leading for a couple laps, Losing the lead and getting it back and jumping the cushion in four losing a couple spots. He stayed in it down the front stretch getting his possitions back but may have gone in a little too hard as the car started bouncing and nosed into the turn two wall. JS who had nowhere to go contacted hard enough he was unable to continue.

Windom came up and grabbed the lead around lap 17. I gotta be honest here, When Chris grabbed the lead, I thought it was all over but the celebration. Well 100% was doing just that, 100% effort! After setting fast time only not to transfer and then winning the consi to start no better than 7th. He wheeled it up to second. Windom seemed to develop a bit of a push up top and Hunter slid by. Windom went low, grabbed lead back and they battled for a handful of laps before Hunter brought it home.

BC had a good strong run and Coleman Gullick came from 18th to 8th. Secretly I was rooting for Chad B who along with other Burg Regulars have been tearing through Indiana like a house on fire.

I don't know if MDC was taken to the hospital or not. He got out of the car, Walked to ambulance, They sat there a bit and he came back to pits on a golf cart. Someone said they seen him leave on it, But I did see the ambulance leave. Someone *Informed* please keep us updated.

Hmm, Three for three great races at Kokomo my last three trips.
C U tomorrow!

P.S. Got to meet Pete Gullick and Gus? finally, Chatted with Chad B and Bob G. Seen *The Jet* who held his own against champions who've raced longer than hes been around to transfer from his heat. Got my Hugs of the year from Racegal and RacePal Susan and Debbie This after a Darland/Rooke battle royale in their heat and got to watch the consi with them and Brenda D. Great night!

P.P.S. It appeared people will still be leaving Kentucky Speedway after Lawrenceburg is over tomorrow. From what I understand *Total traffic disaster* Four to six hours to get to the track only to be told. LEAVE! THERES NO MORE ROOM!
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/10/11 at 3:15 AM.

2 members like this post: dirtball, erich45
7/10/11, 3:47 AM   #84
T&A Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melmo View Post
Update Was at the Marsh Supermarket around 10am and a guy was walking out with a racing shirt on and had nothing so when I was in line to pay the lady had 4 0r 5 cases of beer setting there and told the worker to put them up just because the guy didn't have a driver license!!! Now that sucked I ran out real fast to try to catch him but he was already gone but the bad part was he looked to be in his 50's and I thought they change the law where they didn't have to card anyone that was forthy or over!!! Now that's a bad start for the Kokomo ISW race tongitht!!!
Perception and it's evil twin, reality.

7/10/11, 3:53 AM   #85
koolaid89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
After the three hour trip home. Im still not sure what I seen. I seen a a bad ass race, on a bad ass, track by bad ass drivers. Thats what I saw.

The race started off with Boespflug grabbing the lead on lap three and leading for a couple laps, Losing the lead and getting it back and jumping the cushion in four losing a couple spots. He stayed in it down the front stretch getting his possitions back but may have gone in a little too hard as the car started bouncing and nosed into the turn two wall. JS who had nowhere to go contacted hard enough he was unable to continue.

Windom came up and grabbed the lead around lap 17. I gotta be honest here, When Chris grabbed the lead, I thought it was all over but the celebration. Well 100% was doing just that, 100% effort! After setting fast time only not to transfer and then winning the consi to start no better than 7th. He wheeled it up to second. Windom seemed to develop a bit of a push up top and Hunter slid by. Windom went low, grabbed lead back and they battled for a handful of laps before Hunter brought it home.

BC had a good strong run and Coleman Gullick came from 18th to 8th. Secretly I was rooting for Chad B who along with other Burg Regulars have been tearing through Indiana like a house on fire.

I don't know if MDC was taken to the hospital or not. He got out of the car, Walked to ambulance, They sat there a bit and he came back to pits on a golf cart. Someone said they seen him leave on it, But I did see the ambulance leave. Someone *Informed* please keep us updated.

Hmm, Three for three great races at Kokomo my last three trips.
C U tomorrow!

P.S. Got to meet Pete Gullick and Gus? finally, Chatted with Chad B and Bob G. Seen *The Jet* who held his own against champions who've raced longer than hes been around to transfer from his heat. Got my Hugs of the year from Racegal and RacePal Susan and Debbie This after a Darland/Rooke battle royale in their heat and got to watch the consi with them and Brenda D. Great night!

P.P.S. It appeared people will still be leaving Kentucky Speedway after Lawrenceburg is over tomorrow. From what I understand *Total traffic disaster* Four to six hours to get to the track only to be told. LEAVE! THERES NO MORE ROOM!
From the wonderful world of Facebook

Daron Clayton
"Well I got checked out at Howard Regional and after 3 CTs they found a brain that was ok and no serious back injuries. Like to say thank you to Chaplen Dave and his wife for the visit. Onto the burg we go!"

7/10/11, 12:30 PM   #86
Jerry Shaw

What a race! This one had everything. To begin with, you had the underdog taking off and threatening to make it his night. For the second night in a row Chad Boespflug was right there in the mix, mixing it up with national stars and track ringers. When he biked it in the cushion and went up into the wall, you just had to feel for him, he had driven the wheels off that thing. When he was tracked down by Chris Windom, initially you thought Chris would go under him and drive away. You know, it's Chris Windom and we we're at Kokomo, after all. But it wasn't that easy. Chad put up a valiant fight and landed several counter punches, regrabbing the lead, before falling into second place. And one thing that is becoming more obvious about Windom, is how great he has become at applying pressure to his intended target, without running over him or using questionable tactics. And it's the kind of pressure that the other driver knows isn't going to let up and it isn't going to go away. The kind of pressure that has only two possible results. To give way and be consumed. Or to be made into a diamond. Boespflug, unfortunately on this night would be consumed.

So Windom took off and looked to be on cruise control, for the trophy. Second place Casey Riggs didn't have anything for the leader, on this night. That you could see. But the guy behind him, Hunter Schurenberg, appeared to be getting faster as the race went on. You just had the sense that if he could get around Riggs, then it would be on! One of those classic Kokomo races that you saw lead changes all the way to the very end. Well, he did get around Riggs. He did set sail for the leader. He did catch him and they did engage in a classic battle. And Hunter won, but not without being chased by a hungry bear for the last five laps or so. This guy's one of the most exciting drivers of his era. When he wins, often times it's memorable. And he came out of his round of Windom pressure, shining like a diamond.

And in the background of the race for the lead, Bryan Clauson was methodically starting to pick 'em off, from his 15th starting position. Coleman Gulick started mowing them down, as soon as the green dropped, from his 22nd starting position. Clauson passed a few more. Justin Grant was involved in quite a few great battles. Clauson passed a few more. Damion Gardner was really coming up through the pack. Clauson passed a few more. Mike Spencer was real though, tonight. Holy cow, how did Clauson end up on the podium! They better check that car. That was totally under the radar. They might be using stealth technology.

The track was great to the very end. It really allowed each of these drivers to use every trick in their in their book to get the job done. And it ended with a great result. Five years ago, everybody knew these three drivers on the podium really represented the future of racing. The future is now and last night those three made a statement that the present day of this sport is in good hands.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 7/10/11 at 3:08 PM.

4 members like this post: Bobv, Charles Nungester, erich45, skids59
7/10/11, 1:39 PM   #87
racefanindy

Wow. Huge crowd. Great track prep. Excellent racing. What a fun night!

7/10/11, 2:39 PM   #88
ElbowsOut410

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
Has anyone ever seen a race grants in where he hasn:t hit anyone?
Jim I may catch some heat on this but I thought the same thing when I watched darlands sloppy driving last night. IMO

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo ISW Updates