IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo Sprint Week Question...
7/5/11, 10:57 PM   #1
Kokomo Sprint Week Question...
Anderson36

Looking for some help, this midget guy and a few of his friends would like to come to Kokomo saturday to take in this stop of Sprint Week.

Questions:

- We would be camping over night. What time should we get to the track on saturday to ensure a good camping spot?
- What time should we be in line for tickets to make sure we get a seat?
- Are campfires allowed?
- I will likely have my 5 year old with me who absolutely loves racing of any kind. Will he be able to see or do certain sections of the grandstands stand up the entire race?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jim Anderson
Joliet, Illinois

7/5/11, 11:13 PM   #2
Re: Kokomo Sprint Week Question...
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson36 View Post
Looking for some help, this midget guy and a few of his friends would like to come to Kokomo saturday to take in this stop of Sprint Week.

Questions:

- We would be camping over night. What time should we get to the track on saturday to ensure a good camping spot?
- What time should we be in line for tickets to make sure we get a seat?
- Are campfires allowed?
- I will likely have my 5 year old with me who absolutely loves racing of any kind. Will he be able to see or do certain sections of the grandstands stand up the entire race?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jim Anderson
Joliet, Illinois
Jim,

1)I would plan on arriving no later than 1:00 PM. That should give you the opportunity to find a decent camping spot. All campers park in an open field by the track and the cars will fill in the rest of the area later.

2)I believe that they allow blankets and such to be put down around 3:00 PM. You should have no problem getting a seat.

3)Most open wheel fans are not like NASCRAP fans. They do normally sit down. Viewing shouldn't be an issue, so I would think your son should be able to see no matter where he sits. A top row seat is tough to get but is doable if you are there early enough.

4)Camp fires are allowed but I don't know that you will need one. Early forecast (for whatever that is worth) is calling for 85 degrees for a day time high and 67 for a low.

Hope to see you there. A great place to see sprint cars perform.

PS: Forgot to mention that Indiana is on Eastern Daylight Time so we are an hour ahead of you in Illinois. You probably already know this, but in case you didn't you do now.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
Last edited by Mud Packer; 7/5/11 at 11:16 PM.

7/5/11, 11:33 PM   #3
Anderson36

thanks Mike.

I did read on the Kokomo website that they will NOT allow blankets to be put down prior to the gates opening at 3:00pm. We are vert excited to make the trip seeing as how we actually have a weekend off this time of year. We are aware of the time change. We'll be there early, so we'll be looking forward to meeting some of the IOW'ers.

Will there be any type of gathering of the posters from this board? There will be a few of us coming.

Thanks for the quick reply..
Jim

7/6/11, 12:21 AM   #4
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson36 View Post
thanks Mike.

I did read on the Kokomo website that they will NOT allow blankets to be put down prior to the gates opening at 3:00pm. We are vert excited to make the trip seeing as how we actually have a weekend off this time of year. We are aware of the time change. We'll be there early, so we'll be looking forward to meeting some of the IOW'ers.

Will there be any type of gathering of the posters from this board? There will be a few of us coming.

Thanks for the quick reply..
Jim
Jim,

There is always a crowd at mowerman's (Bob Clauson) motor home. He seems to draw them like flies. Must be his magnetic personality.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

1 member likes this post: mowerman
7/6/11, 6:49 AM   #5
bigq11

Actually, everyone stops by to Jade!!!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo Sprint Week Question...