Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo tonight
6/27/11, 6:03 PM   #91
Re: Kokomo tonight
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post
The negative to loading up however, is youll have certain fans calling you "primadonnas" for not racing. Remember the whole MSCS deal at Lawrenceburg?

All in all the decision for the drivers and teams to race is not in our hands. Racing is a business and as owners you arent out to lose money. Trust me, losing money sucks
No Chris, A Premadonna is showing up and demanding three grand from the promoter just to put the car on the track.

6/27/11, 6:13 PM   #92
Speedracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post
Its the same guy featured in Follow the Corn isnt it?
Yes
Posted via Mobile Device

6/27/11, 6:36 PM   #93
RR>LR=LTO

Hey chuck nugget: these are sprint cars. They all deserve 3k. No fenders doors or tetnus shots. It's paid the same for 20 years! Demanding a raise needs to happen.
Posted using Mobile Device

6/27/11, 6:41 PM   #94
nonwing79

One thing that we all forget is that hot laps are posted as 5:45 and I believe the drivers meeting is around 5:25, why wouldn't a driver have his suit on at the drivers meeting so once it was over they could strap in and be pushed off? Just a thought, maybe it was a quick decision, but I've been plenty pissed off with shows dragging on and starting late due to the lack of someone taking charge. When you get to work late due to not being ready on time, do you get docked?

2 members like this post: Cel Cripe, Derek Fisher
6/27/11, 7:01 PM   #95
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Haha I know who you're talking about chuck!
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
6/27/11, 7:17 PM   #96
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR>LR=LTO View Post
Hey chuck nugget: these are sprint cars. They all deserve 3k. No fenders doors or tetnus shots. It's paid the same for 20 years! Demanding a raise needs to happen.
I agree a pay increase would be nice, but who would pay for it? Most nights the crowds are smaller than they were 20 years ago. In the last 15 years I have went to any where between 50 and 80 races a year. Raise the prices, and I would have to cut back some. Stay home on race night and look at this board and see how many people are on here and not at the races. And this is alledgedly the core market.

6/27/11, 7:33 PM   #97
R A K

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I agree a pay increase would be nice, but who would pay for it? Most nights the crowds are smaller than they were 20 years ago. In the last 15 years I have went to any where between 50 and 80 races a year. Raise the prices, and I would have to cut back some. Stay home on race night and look at this board and see how many people are on here and not at the races. And this is alledgedly the core market.
How about for starters ... EVERYBODY pays to get in the joint. Know matter if you are carrying a steering wheel, toolbox, camera, pen & paper, etc.
I have stood at the pit shack recently to BUY my pit pass as a car owner, and seen the "get in free" list at two different race tracks ... it looked like Santa's naughty or nice list.
I have often wondered ... what is the insurance deal if one of these folks gets up-ended ...?
Just a lil food-for-thought suggestion

6/27/11, 7:41 PM   #98
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by R A K View Post
How about for starters ... EVERYBODY pays to get in the joint. Know matter if you are carrying a steering wheel, toolbox, camera, pen & paper, etc.
I have stood at the pit shack recently to BUY my pit pass as a car owner, and seen the "get in free" list at two different race tracks ... it looked like Santa's naughty or nice list.
I have often wondered ... what is the insurance deal if one of these folks gets up-ended ...?
Just a lil food-for-thought suggestion
I definitly get what you are saying. But if you don't let the press in you will never get any publicity. I am not saying its right, just saying I don't have the answer.

6/27/11, 8:19 PM   #99
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR>LR=LTO View Post
That was a LM at a 10 grand 500 to start race.

Your logic works but the lowest paying tracks get 45 cars while the highest paying gets 17?

In this case racers are their own worst enemy.

6/27/11, 9:00 PM   #100
Tumey's 55

It sounds like a bad decision was made last night. However, let's not throw out the baby with the bathwater. I do not know the O'Connor's but I do know they saved racing in Kokomo. I moved to Kokomo in the late 90's and remember many nights when the show was not over until near midnight. Track prep was spotty, good some nights and terrible other nights. Then it really went downhill, attempts at Saturday night shows, terrible car counts, few quality cars, etc. The O'Connors purchased the track, invested in improvements and the racing has been outstanding on a weekly basis. Track prep is always excellent, last night was not the best but those complaining about the the track have perhaps become spoiled. So, I sure hope the O'Connors straighten out the mistake made last night to keep the competitors coming. As a fan, this place is fantastic.

5 members like this post: 64chevy, BrentTFunk, Cel Cripe, Derek Fisher, speed bump
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo tonight