Speedracer (Offline)
  #71 6/26/11 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by ernie53:
Are you sure it was Blake that won and not his brother Braylon
Braylon was not there
Posted via Mobile Device
reeserx (Offline)
  #72 6/26/11 10:42 PM
Blake said in his victory lane speech that something went wrong with braylons motor last night and him coming was a last minute thing And that braylon is probably pissed off that he didn't get to come And kick his brothers ass lol
Posted using Mobile Device
bfranks17 (Offline)
  #73 6/26/11 11:19 PM
any body know the whole run down of how the cars finished
Relentless Racing (Offline)
  #74 6/26/11 11:44 PM
After the drivers meeting i walked into my trailer, suited up, got strapped in, backed the car up and then we were told we weren't allowed hot laps due to our untimeliness. Sure they announced get in the push off lane multiple times in a window of about 5 minutes, which i might add is so enjoyable to listen to constantly . The problem in the Kokomo pit area is you have a pit announcer who yells constantly to get up there way too soon most of the time so people take what he says with a grain of salt. I'm not being disrespectful but this is how I view the situation. Talk when it counts and people will listen. As for penalizing us what a joke, period. They have all the equipment to roll the track and so do we, i dont mind wheel packing gives me a chance to get a good look at how the track is. I think someone's fuse was just a bit short tonight on making the call of no hot laps, like stated above, people pay to watch us make laps regardless. It is about the fans, sometimes ego's need to be set aside. As for saving time, this ordeal actually cost time and made the program slower. Just my 2 cents..

-Daron Clayton
15 Likes: 64chevy, buck2, Charles Nungester, dirtnonwingfan, fish, jim goerge, mikeham73, Pat O'Connor Fan, PJ Wright, rclaridge, ronmil, scooter99, speed bump, SprintManDave
RGraves (Offline)
  #75 6/26/11 11:48 PM
Ballou has been pretty calm so far this year. Fortunately most people just look at him like an idiot and go on about their business, as they should.

He can be exciting to watch but he makes it pretty easy to not cheer for him.
Posted via Mobile Device
Go Fast (Offline)
  #76 6/27/11 12:12 AM
Daron explained the hotlaps incident perfectly. Hunter was not even back to our trailer yet from the drivers meeting when the pit announcer was calling for wheel packing. And before anyone jumps in, he came straight back from that meeting. The drivers were not given a reasonable amount of time to suit up with all the necessary safety gear before the plug was pulled.

Gary Ooley

I never had a bad day, just some more challenging than others!
4 Likes: Charles Nungester, dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan
SHORTBUS (Offline)
  #77 6/27/11 12:16 AM
Originally Posted by al pierce:
i dunno... The 53 looked sick to me at both bloomington and paragon. He was getting hauled down the stretches at paragon and that is not typical. They've lost a step somewhere along the way. Hope they can find the problem. Going from 3d to 8th in the first few laps at kokomo makes one think something is wrong.
al,
maybe stanbrough forgot to take off his fatheadz glasses
Dave Rudisell (Offline)
  #78 6/27/11 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by Relentless Racing:
After the drivers meeting i walked into my trailer, suited up, got strapped in, backed the car up and then we were told we weren't allowed hot laps due to our untimeliness. Sure they announced get in the push off lane multiple times in a window of about 5 minutes, which i might add is so enjoyable to listen to constantly . The problem in the Kokomo pit area is you have a pit announcer who yells constantly to get up there way too soon most of the time so people take what he says with a grain of salt. I'm not being disrespectful but this is how I view the situation. Talk when it counts and people will listen. As for penalizing us what a joke, period. They have all the equipment to roll the track and so do we, i dont mind wheel packing gives me a chance to get a good look at how the track is. I think someone's fuse was just a bit short tonight on making the call of no hot laps, like stated above, people pay to watch us make laps regardless. It is about the fans, sometimes ego's need to be set aside. As for saving time, this ordeal actually cost time and made the program slower. Just my 2 cents..

-Daron Clayton
Changing the subject, Thanks for the entertainment last night the donuts were awesome and giving the trophy away was great!! Thanks, the crowd loved it!! Dave
3 Likes: Jrp4554, mowerman, Relentless Racing
LocalYokel (Offline)
  #79 6/27/11 1:15 AM
Originally Posted by Dannypollock24:
No Hot Laps are so everyone gets the track ready and everyone gets a feel of the track to set your car up for the track conditions! Pre Race Prep is making sure nothing is falling off your car! I take it you have never been in a sprint car with a comment like that!

Danny 24
He has... I can verify it.
Posted via Mobile Device
mikeham73 (Offline)
  #80 6/27/11 1:51 AM
I made my first ever trip to Kokomo tonight. I had a great time and will definitely be back. Hopefully with a car next time. The only complaints I have are the lack of a wave lap before the sprint feature, the features were a little dusty, the food was a little overpriced, and none of the features were under the lights. I blame Governor Daniels and his DST for that last one. :2:

The hot lap incident is unfortunate. If I remember correctly on the Follow The Corn documentary they were interviewing and old man who works at a track and I think it was Kokomo. The whole time they were interviewing him he kept yelling on the PA "wheel pack time!" I kept thinking this dude needs to chill. It was really annoying. If they really were ignoring the officials I wouldn't have punished them by taking away their hot laps. They could have just made them run last. In the end the track benefits from increased beer and hot dog sales.

If there is a driver who is there for the first time and he doesn't get to hot lap, that has the potential to get a few cars wadded up. jmo
Closed Thread