IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
jjsprt92 (Offline)
  #1 6/16/11 8:54 PM
Don't know if anyone saw this or not,but sometime during the races at Knoxville on Saturday night someone pulled the pin on Sammy's trailer. Luckly the trailer come unhooked leaving the pits!! Instead of down the highway. I'm not a Sammy fan but to think someone would resort to this is crazy. Thank god no one was injured or worse!
3 Likes: 64chevy, AustinSprinter, SDHill89
sprintman01 (Offline)
  #2 6/16/11 9:15 PM
Ya, that is taking WAY to far. There are families that would be drivin down the road with something like that comin at em. Geez
backitin
  #3 6/16/11 9:19 PM
Thats just plain stupid, a good way to get someone killed. I see in the photo his trailer is bigger then our house and much nicer too. Personally I cant stand the guy, and never could, but if they could find who did it I'm sure charges could and should be filed.
usa1bowtie (Offline)
  #4 6/16/11 9:34 PM
Somebody needs to be sitting thier butt in jail for pulling a stunt like that. I think Brad over at IBRACN took the pic. http://www.ibracn.com/
AustinSprinter (Offline)
  #5 6/16/11 10:50 PM
suspicious as it looks...thats along distance traveled from his pit stall with a unit not Hooked!!...only the Driver would be awhere of his Veh. condition after doin his walk around/Pre-Trip req. DOT inspection!!...If a good distance was made b4 the Drop??..it could also have been possible from a "FALSE HOOK"!!...just say'n....had this same thing happen to me in the yard!!...one way to avoid a drop, is always to do a Rev. or back-up tug test..Plus a visual to see if the collar is completely locked round the PIN!!...this will insure this from not happening again!!...baring any damage to unit/contents,prob.damaged PigTail (elect cord)no lites lit on Trl,connecting (red/blue)coiled air hose's!!....sorry ta hear it tho!!.......
  #6 6/16/11 11:36 PM
Its really not that far if they were parked were I have saw them parked before right on the access drive out the back gate it might be 100-200 yards and a straight shot out the back gate. Were it came unhooked is were you drop off the infield onto the track. This is were the cars come into the pits off the track off turn 2. Still sucks someone did this and has seen the picture and thinks its funny know but it they saw the trailer and 1-2 or 5 cars in a pile and there were people hurt or more would they think it was funny then
2 Likes: AustinSprinter, sprintman01
bfranks17 (Offline)
  #7 6/17/11 12:17 AM
say what u want but sammy gets the job done. id say half of racers could only dream they have accomplished what he has. probably something to do with it.
3 Likes: AustinSprinter, leonhaupt, REH24
PIT CART (Offline)
  #8 6/17/11 3:11 PM
He was pretty fast Saturday. I hope they find just what went wrong, somebody had to see something the pits was packed.
Posted using Mobile Device
backitin
  #9 6/17/11 3:41 PM
Originally Posted by bfranks17:
say what u want but sammy gets the job done. id say half of racers could only dream they have accomplished what he has. probably something to do with it.
yeah he's great but I'm more a opperman kind of guy, hell in my demented mind I dont see why I couldnt beat him if we both had the same equipment, I'd need a couple days practice then lets go, who knows, stranger things have happened.
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #10 6/17/11 3:43 PM
So someone is too chicken shite to face him man to man and maybe give him a knuckle sandwich.

No, We gotta put lives at risk! I seen something like this, Damn straight they'd do a stint in the lockup.

Charles Nungester